Are we recruiting any blue chip PGs for 2017? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Are we recruiting any blue chip PGs for 2017?

JB has hardly recruited over the past few years. Hop hiring somebody that can make a Troy Weaver type of impact will ultimately determine our success on the recruiting grounds in the future.
Francis, what are the odds that hop will try to open up the search to find the right hire? I think this is probably his biggest decision and can make or break his tenure here given the current circumstances. He'll buy time if he can still bring in talent. Talent always precedes winning.

Francis, what are the odds that hop will try to open up the search to find the right hire? I think this is probably his biggest decision and can make or break his tenure here given the current circumstances. He'll buy time if he can still bring in talent. Talent always precedes winning.
Even JB knew when he had to hire a recruiter. Hopefully Hop recognizes that he needs to start out with a bang and get a guy with the right connections.

If Red gets a HC job, then there will be two openings. I assume possibly Allen Griffin or maybe Herman Harried will get one and then he'll try for the Troy Weaver type of home run for the other spot.

you can't just talk about class rankings in a vacuum without looking at how the classes have panned out. and the bottom line is that at least 1 or 2 of those classes were washouts and that is why were are in the predicament we are in now.

Not to mention the class that highlighted Mali and Lydon, how in the hell was that a top 5 class.

There was literally 1 top 30 guy in the entire class.

I don't know how they tally up the rankings but that looks broken as well.

I hate to wish anyone bad luck, but if things dont work out for rob murphy at emu, that may be a possibility w his wife still in cuse

I hate to wish anyone bad luck, but if things dont work out for rob murphy at emu, that may be a possibility w his wife still in cuse
Cuse needs all the help it can get and then some.

you can't just talk about class rankings in a vacuum without looking at how the classes have panned out. and the bottom line is that at least 1 or 2 of those classes were washouts and that is why were are in the predicament we are in now.
I would say on the whole, those classes have panned out just fine. The only class that was a total bust was the 2014 class, and that was the worst rated of the group.

I would say having kids leave early combined with the NCAA sanctions has been much more damaging to the current state of the team than any problems with recruiting.

We've had kids leave early every single year since 2012 (8 in total, at least one in the first round each year). Pretty sure not many, if any, schools outside the top 3-4 most elite schools (uk,Duke, Kansas, zona) have had to deal with that type of attrition.

And we had less scholarships to offer the past few years to boot. That potentially cost us Bryant and Huerter that I can recall if not others.

Not to mention the class that highlighted Mali and Lydon, how in the hell was that a top 5 class.

There was literally 1 top 30 guy in the entire class.

I don't know how they tally up the rankings but that looks broken as well.
I'm not positive exactly how it works but I think it definitely has something to do with the number of players in the class and I think they don't distinguish a lot between say 30-100.

So in other words, kid rated #50 may not be worth that much more on the score than kid rated #100.

So when cuse landed 4 top 100 kids, including 1 in the top 30, that's up there as a top class over one that has say two kids ranked in the 30 range and then a 100+ kid.

Not positive but that's always been my understanding of it.

If you think about it - that class had 4 top 80ish kids. Give a majority of the top 20ish kids to uk and Duke and most schools aren't getting more than one kid in that top 30 range, and there certainly aren't many adding 3 more top 80 kids on top of that. So all in all it makes for a highly rated class (#8 on 247)

I say take H. Washington and a transfer and then go hard after ever top pg in 2018 and take the first one to commit. I think its going to take so long and all the bs you have to do to reclassify to get it done in time. especially if there is a problem with any part of it.

I say take H. Washington and a transfer and then go hard after ever top pg in 2018 and take the first one to commit. I think its going to take so long and all the bs you have to do to reclassify to get it done in time. especially if there is a problem with any part of it.

I say stay in on Ayala regardless, but still grab Howard Washington and a grad/juco. And yes, go hard on multiple 2018s.

I agree. Now that we've had some pretty good success with two graduate transfers maybe we will find a graduate transfer for 2017 to play PG. I wonder is there's a recruiting site somewhere that lists potentials graduate transfers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom