are we rooting for the Niners? | Syracusefan.com

are we rooting for the Niners?

Shark58

BANNED
the man who trained the Man has to be good for recruiting the next man, riiight?

giphy.gif

I agree with this 1000%
Now we can tell 4 star QB recruits the Dino / Gilbert 1-2 punch that coached Super Bowl QB Jimmy Garapolo will make you the center of the Cuse Offense.

Unstoppable offense versus impregnable defense -- should be a helluva game. And fun to watch, given that I have no skin in the game with / against either team.

Unstoppable offense versus impregnable defense -- should be a helluva game. And fun to watch, given that I have no skin in the game with / against either team.
Prefer the Chiefs.
But defense usually wins these matchups and that Niner running game will eat KC alive.

Prefer the Chiefs.
But defense usually wins these matchups and that Niner running game will eat KC alive.
The question I have is what the difference is between the Chiefs amazing offense and the 49ers excellent defense compared to the 49ers really good offense and the Chiefs mediocre defense.

1. I'll be rooting for my numbers
  2. As someone who also supports his local teams, I cannot root for the 49ers' coach who is responsible for the local NFL team losing the Super Bowl.

Its Andy’s turn though
I hope it's never his turn. I hated how every year with the Eagles he seemed to draft some skinny finesse WR or failed to address the soft middle of the dline. Their run defense was only decent when they had Trotter picking up the slack for a few years. The only help McNabb had on offense during his prime was Brian Washington and TO briefly.

No. Garrapalo is an overpaid game manager that's not trusted to throw the ball. I don't think this is what Dino had in mind.

I hope it's never his turn. I hated how every year with the Eagles he seemed to draft some skinny finesse WR or failed to address the soft middle of the dline. Their run defense was only decent when they had Trotter picking up the slack for a few years. The only help McNabb had on offense during his prime was Brian Washington and TO briefly.

I think he did work on trying to help McNabb out. You are correct in the WRs though. At the time we had a very solid line in Runyon, Tra Thomas and Fraley. Reid drafted Jamaal Jackson and Shane Andrews (both 1st rounders, I believe) to help on the line. He also drafted Brian Westbrook to help with the offense. you are correct that we had a soft Dline and he didn't really find anyone to help there. But I also believe we had a lot of issues in the secondary (with the exception of Dawkins) back then and needed to address those issues with the draft. Like you, I agree we should have done a much better job in getting WR and Dline help.

Unstoppable offense versus impregnable defense -- should be a helluva game. And fun to watch, given that I have no skin in the game with / against either team. Dc BCis Fry hii Rd b dmarriage in bed king
Prefer the Chiefs, but defense usually wins these matchups and that Niner running game will eat KC alive

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom