Are we this year's Colorado? | Syracusefan.com

Are we this year's Colorado?

Colorado was an entirely different level. Constant media exposure, brought the #1 player in the previous years class with him, kid was the QB, etc. etc. Syracuse is fun story but it isnt taking the football world by storm like colorado did.

nO, BUT WE ARE A PLAYER FOR SOME NEW TALENT, SORRY TO SEE SOM OF OUR FORMER PLAYERS LEAVE BUT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO DO WHA TIS BEST FOR THEMSELVES. oUTSIDE OF qb i AM WONDERING WHAT SHAPE OUR O-LINE WILL BE IN NEXT YEAR. sorry for the capr, my bad
Please put down the pipe and drink lots of water. Thank you in advance.

There are a lot of schools who do this. SMU a few years ago brought in like 32 transfers. Marrone purged half the team. Ole Miss does the same thing. We're only in the news because we hire a high profile coach from TAMU and have gotten involved with some high profile kids that wouldn't normally look at us.

I'm just hoping we don't go 2-10 next season.

The Deion comparisons are SO lazy. There's not a comparison between the two.
Eh. I do think it's lazy. But I also think there is a comparison to draw.

These guys both relate on a cultural level with the kids at an astronomical level. Being relatable and authentic in a way that kids connect with is their main attribute. They go about it in different ways. I like Fran's understated method way more than the attention seeking that Deion rolls with.

I hope Fran is the better leader, better ambassador for Syracuse, etc.

The two men are polar opposites. But I know what you mean, hopefully there will be some hype around the program.

Didn't Louisville have a bunch of transfers this year? If you want to improve you gotta load up.

nO, BUT WE ARE A PLAYER FOR SOME NEW TALENT, SORRY TO SEE SOM OF OUR FORMER PLAYERS LEAVE BUT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO DO WHA TIS BEST FOR THEMSELVES. oUTSIDE OF qb i AM WONDERING WHAT SHAPE OUR O-LINE WILL BE IN NEXT YEAR. sorry for the capr, my bad

Hopefully, they will be in better shape than your post! :p

No. Everyone has heard of Deion, even nonfootball people. There are football people that don't know Fran Brown's name. Fortunately, hard core football people know who he is, most importantly other coaches and players.

Pretty sure he means ten wins.

Or you were using some new irony font from the pay side that I don't get..
Yes, it’s the irony font, because Colorado only won 4 games this year, not 10.
Click on your account settings to enable it.

Does it say 'Edit' just below this spot on your post? If so, left click on it and you can fix it.
(Believe me, it can be done. I've done it many times.)

Deion Sanders made it about himself. Fran Brown is not him.

I remember when FSU came here a year after Sanders graduated. He was asked for a prediction and said "What do I care if they get blown out? That's not my team anymore." He played in the NFL and MLB at the same time, risking injury in one sport that could put him out for another and missing games trying to play the other sport. Then there was that play against the Saints when he and another D-back alternated laterals to each other to get an unnecessary pick 6 in a playoff game when the only chance the Saints had was to recover a fumble. At Jackson State he announced he was going to return traditionally black schools to their glory. He left after two years for Colorado, (not a traditionally black school), where he told 60 Minutes the was the best coach in the world three games into his tenure there. I suspect that tenure won't last a long time before he's onto something else. Deion is all about Deion.

Last edited:
Are he the new shiney toy under the tree?
We're certainly one of them. For very different reasons. We've got the hot popular assistant coach/recruiter with potential to develop into a quality head coach vs. last years shiny toy that had a celebrity/coach with the potential to be an even bigger celebrity/coach. Something tells me our toy will last a little longer too! Isn't it fun to be shiny this time of year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom