Aresco has informed BE that BBall onlies are leaving per source to ESPN | Syracusefan.com

Aresco has informed BE that BBall onlies are leaving per source to ESPN

texascpa

Living Legend
Just debating on how to leave.

And the best thing about this story, there's apparently a provision in the BE bylaws that let a collective departure of teams bypass paying the exit fee. You can't make this shiznit up. lol.

By informing the Big East does that mean he called UConn and Cincy? Is anyone else left?

I wonder if at this point if UConn and Cincy simply vote to dissolve the league and divy up whatever money is on the table.

One more thing...I love how coaches and administrators lie to the media (and the public) in the interest of saying the politically correct thing. Case in point Xavier AD Mike Bobinski...
"Xavier athletic director Mike Bobinski told ESPN.com that he's not sure how this will all play out but "we're supportive of efforts to strengthen the (Atlantic 10) membership," when asked what the Musketeers would do if the seven departing Catholic schools sought Xavier's membership. "
This is complete BS. I have friends in the athletic department and the presidents office that have both told me in the past week that X is closely watchign the Big East catholic schools because they would love to join a "catholic" conference. They've been very concerned with how football is driving everything and think this may be the only way to stay competitive in the media rights market. "Strengthening the A-10" is not at all one of their concerns. Won't be his decision anyhow. all of this realignment is being done above the AD level.

Actually makes sense for them to form their own bball league - get 16 good catholic bball only teams together and could end up being one of the best bball conferences in the nation. You dont need a lot of money to run a good basketball program - just need a lot of money to hire and keep good coaches.

I like it.

Actually makes sense for them to form their own bball league - get 16 good catholic bball only teams together and could end up being one of the best bball conferences in the nation. You dont need a lot of money to run a good basketball program - just need a lot of money to hire and keep good coaches.

I like it.
The old ECAC was a pretty good basketball Conference. A lot of these teams were members. Syracuse BB made a name for itself during those days.