Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - Army Week Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday Army Week Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse vs Army
Sunday, February 21, 2021 | 12:00 p.m.

TV: ACC Network

You can also watch online on ACC Network Extra through Watch ESPN or by using the ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM).

No spectators will be permitted into Sunday's game in accordance with state and local COVID-19 guidelines.

1613424288261.png

1613520188707.png

Not to be that guy, but not exactly thrilled to hear Desko mention that he had to bring up turnovers twice last week with the team and that they had to work on the issue. Not a great sign.

Not to be that guy, but not exactly thrilled to hear Desko mention that he had to bring up turnovers twice last week with the team and that they had to work on the issue. Not a great sign.
It's early. After watching UNC and Virginia score tons of goals, I'm really curious what we'll see from SU. And I think I'm prepared to not even see their best this season, because of COVID. Has anyone asked Desko about UVA and UNC's rides and if he's thought about installing something similar or how he plans to clear against those teams?

Cuse did well in both riding and clearing last year albeit hadn't faced the pressure, havoc and wrought of a UVA. That could be a problem in 2nd game since some rust will remain. Army would have been right in that game if they had handled and had more possessions.

Over larger season, Cuse is fortunately equipped with speed and athleticism from midfield down and could make pressing teams pay for overextending. Pressing teams ( riding n pushing pace transition) have advantage of practicing agaisnt but even pressing team dont like to be pressured so expect us to give others some of their own medicine and we'll see who cracks. As good as I think UNC is, the HP game was revealing.

On rides, bit more schematic than Ill make it but Coach D will simply release Cook the Tasmanian Devil and trust others will follow as they did in 2020. On clears, it would be helpful to eventually have Kennedy back at lsm to quickly break but we have Dearth and wheels at many spots

It's beautiful in basketball to watch a team break a good pressing D and make them pay.
Every coach gets criticized but our staff been around and Desko does a good job preparing squad. Cuse has the players to play fast. All a matter of executing.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into Desko's comments, but I felt he was saying he wanted the players to take care of the ball more/make smarter decisions so as not to give Army any extra possessions so they could dictate tempo. He also referenced Army's struggles with face-offs and clears. He sounded very pleased with Scanlan's offense during the scrimmage and overall.

Hmm, no projected lineup included, thats too bad. First time I can remember them not including one. Can basically piece together what it will be (Covid not considered) based on what Desko has said in pressers, but I still enjoy seeing it laid out.

Only real question, to me, is who starts at LSM. In the Media guide it sounds like Clary andPage are in the running with Barlow being moved back to the long stick from short. But there wasn't a lot of decisiveness in the preview, it really seems like they want Kennedy to be two places at once. Would have liked to have heard one of the guys distinguish themselves, but maybe they are keeping it close to the vest.

Hmm, no projected lineup included, thats too bad. First time I can remember them not including one. Can basically piece together what it will be (Covid not considered) based on what Desko has said in pressers, but I still enjoy seeing it laid out.

Only real question, to me, is who starts at LSM. In the Media guide it sounds like Clary andPage are in the running with Barlow being moved back to the long stick from short. But there wasn't a lot of decisiveness in the preview, it really seems like they want Kennedy to be two places at once. Would have liked to have heard one of the guys distinguish themselves, but maybe they are keeping it close to the vest.

Odd there isn't a starting lineup, knowing SU it was probably left out by accident. Desko did seem to hedge on some questions about starters in this weeks PC, might be going the Babers route here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom