Arriving Players Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Arriving Players Thread...

Just so you can go ahead and make plans...the watch shouldn't be lengthy.

This is a stupid question, but that’s a positive go ahead and make plans, right?

Pay side says Qadir is arriving shortly... Jawhar Jordan, No - never signed.. Hopefully we grab him after he proves his academics in JUCO... (speculation. The fastest man in the west has just a touch more academics to work on) Howard is freakishly athletic. He may be the real steal of the class. Dixon is no slouch, so should challenge. All set, however it works out.

Pay side says Qadir is arriving shortly... Jawhar Jordan, No - never signed.. Hopefully we grab him after he proves his academics in JUCO... (speculation. The fastest man in the west has just a touch more academics to work on) Howard is freakishly athletic. He may be the real steal of the class. Dixon is no slouch, so should challenge. All set, however it works out.

how awesome would it be if Howard grabbed the starting RB spot.

how awesome would it be if Howard grabbed the starting RB spot.

I'd rather have the upperclassmen with experience step up while Howard learns the blocking schemes. Perhaps he could be used as a power back. If Howard grabs the starting spot as a freshman I would be more worried about the lack of progress by Strickland and Neal than I would be about the progress of Howard.

I'd rather have the upperclassmen with experience step up while Howard learns the blocking schemes. Perhaps he could be used as a power back. If Howard grabs the starting spot as a freshman I would be more worried about the lack of progress by Strickland and Neal than I would be about the progress of Howard.

Not me. If Howard can start given his inexperience with the schemes etc etc then it's because he's really good and that's what we need. I'm talking Saquan Barkley's 6 start true freshmam campaign when he carried182 for 1076. Nobody worried about the RBs above him.

When I see "insert freshman RB here" starting for a top 20 team they're usually really good. I don't care about the veterans lack of progress, I want a RB to explode on the scene and seize the job. It's the difference between our offense finally taking off or not.

And don't get me wrong I love Neal but I long for a game changer at the position.

Last edited:
If the line has improved and DB gets a little more creative with the play calling, any one of those guys could do a respectable job...without the blocking these guys are toast, wont matter who is carrying the ball

Howard seems physically ready. We'll have to see how the other stuff works out. I'm not going to be surprised if he earns meaningful snaps by mid season. With both Adams and Howard in the mix, next year? Ohh boy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom