As good as the staff was last year... | Syracusefan.com

As good as the staff was last year...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
This year they have been a huge disappointment:

1. Every team deals with injuries, but the coaches have been unable to put together an OL that is even approaching serviceable.

2. The play calling has been awful. Other than a screen or two, there has been no attempt to call plays to punish jail break blitzes.

3. No imagination on running plays. Just run it up the middle and hope it work. Witness the epic fail at the 2 yard line with first and goal.

4. If the starting WRs can't catch or run routes, where are the other WRs? It's not like we don't have a million of them.

5. Matador defense.

6. Don't even want to start on recruiting this year.

1. Every team deals with injuries, but the coaches have been unable to put together an OL that is even approaching serviceable.

2. The play calling has been awful. Other than a screen or two, there has been no attempt to call plays to punish jail break blitzes.

3. No imagination on running plays. Just run it up the middle and hope it work. Witness the epic fail at the 2 yard line with first and goal.

4. If the starting WRs can't catch or run routes, where are the other WRs? It's not like we don't have a million of them.

5. Matador defense.

Dungey made the staff look good last year.

when you call plays you expect on occasion the oline to do the job. the run game issues are different than the pass play issues.

Punish a jail break blitz with a QB behind a line that couldn't stop a five year old hopped up on sugar. That same line doesn't get any push on the run which is why they got stopped on the two.

5. Matador defense.

I don't know, seem like the same guys to me.

Dino and his staff can coach - they got boat raced by MD and outplayed by the national champs. Money will be made over the next 7.

I feel like I have seen more screen passes in the three games this year than I saw all of last year. Of course maybe that is because ED struggled to put the right touch on the pass.

You were trashing them last year...until you werent.
You mean like this?

OrangeinBoston
All Conference

JoinedAug 26, 2011Messages2,275Like1,505

Aug 31, 2018

1. Probably the worst meathead coaching display since the Grob era. What were you thinking Babers? And, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

2. The OL is marginally better than last year...maybe.

3. The DL got no pressure on WMU’s QB and got pushed around. No NFL prospects there that I can see.

4. Bradshaw has no business being on the field.

5. Custis looked all-world. No other WR can catch a pass. Inexplicable.

6. Dungey is unreal. Hope he doesn’t get hurt because there is no backup ready for D1 action.

7. Those who think Pierce is an NFL TE are kidding themselves.

You mean like this?

OrangeinBoston
All Conference

Aug 31, 2018

1. Probably the worst meathead coaching display since the Grob era. What were you thinking Babers? And, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

3. The DL got no pressure on WMU’s QB and got pushed around. No NFL prospects there that I can see.

6. Dungey is unreal. Hope he doesn’t get hurt because there is no backup ready for D1 action.

The Twitter Wizard from the top rope!!

It truly is something to have less likes then messages. But I’m not surprised when they have to come from takes like these

The coaching staff must have relaxed after getting their pay raises. How else can you explain the lapse in coaching. I think inexperience and a young QB has more to do with it than coaching.

The coaching staff must have relaxed after getting their pay raises. How else can you explain the lapse in coaching. I think inexperience and a young QB has more to do with it than coaching.
LOLOLOLOL
Thanks I needed a good laugh after all this hot take Monday...
The injuries to the OL are the number issue right now, followed by Tommy learning on the job.

Opinions y’all hold of the poster aside.. There’s some valid points made.

If you say enough negative stuff after the team gets rocked two weeks in a row, you’re bound to hit on a few things.

Easy to find things to gripe about. All of us are.

Some take it way too far though.

Last edited:
You mean like this?

OrangeinBoston
All Conference

Aug 31, 2018

Might as well just dust this one off again.

source.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom