As Syracuse transitions to mobile ticketing, some fans feel left behind | Syracusefan.com

As Syracuse transitions to mobile ticketing, some fans feel left behind

Will the ushers at the Section entrances have scanners to read the e-ticket? If not, it's going to be a goat rope!

Will the ushers at the Section entrances have scanners to read the e-ticket? If not, it's going to be a goat rope!
They don't check my ticket now up in the 331. I don't think they need a scanner, just look at the screen. I don't think there is going to be widespread ticket fraud in the sections, this isn't an election (doh, I went there for a cheap laugh).

They don't check my ticket now up in the 331. I don't think they need a scanner, just look at the screen. I don't think there is going to be widespread ticket fraud in the sections, this isn't an election (doh, I went there for a cheap laugh).
I'm in Section 129. People always try to sneak in the section. That, and their seats are at the other end of the row and they should go in the next entrance.

Hey, a fellow 331er! Where are you?

Hey, a fellow 331er! Where are you?
(Brain fart) I had a feeling this would happen as soon as I put in a section off the top of my head. I don't know where 331 came from ( I must have sat there at some point- maybe Marrones first game against Minny). I'm in 327 row g. It was my first season with season tix.

My ticket gets looked at almost every time I go into my upperdeck seat.. Often when coming back from getting food. Had a lanyard which made it easy to get to and never had to stick it in a pocket.. now have to take a phone to a game and drag it out every time i move some place. And now everyone who goes with me has to take phone to even to just get in the game.

I do a lot of work for mass transit. This is a huge issue in that industry as well. The segment of the population without a smartphone and/or banking

Did those who indicated that they had an issue ever circle back with the university and the ticket office? What did they have to say?

The answer was tough noogies when I asked how they planned for people without cell phones

One has to wonder why SU would make it harder for fans to buy tickets. Some people simply do not choose to have a smartphone or are even comfortable using technology. Instead of offering these fans the option to use paper tickets they are just saying f... you to a portion of the fanbase. Not the best customer service IMO.

One has to wonder why SU would make it harder for fans to buy tickets. Some people simply do not choose to have a smartphone or are even comfortable using technology. Instead of offering these fans the option to use paper tickets they are just saying f... you to a portion of the fanbase. Not the best customer service IMO.

SU isn't exactly an outlier on this.

(Brain fart) I had a feeling this would happen as soon as I put in a section off the top of my head. I don't know where 331 came from ( I must have sat there at some point- maybe Marrones first game against Minny). I'm in 327 row g. It was my first season with season tix.

I love my seats in 331.

(gets asked my stranger what row he's in).

Oh, did I say 331? I mean 327. Row eleventeen.

Events in general should be doing everything in their power to not turn customers away when things resume.

I'd be spending a little extra on printing to try and 'wow' season ticketholders when their tickets come for next year. The day your season tickets come in the mail is like Christmas. Its absolutely pathetic they are removing this perk from the most loyal fans. Phones break/lose power/get lost etc etc.

I bet they will reverse this in a couple years when the base is decimated and they want to encourage people to buy season tickets.

What happens when you burn out your battery while having a few too many at Skytop? Asking for a friend

Spring for the season ticket package that comes with a mophie.

Events in general should be doing everything in their power to not turn customers away when things resume.

I bet they will reverse this in a couple years when the base is decimated and they want to encourage people to buy season tickets.

You hit it right on the head what are they thinking trying to make it harder for some fans.

And a point not to be overlooked there is a portion of the fanbase that simply does not have access to credit cards and banking thus making it hard to pay cash for a mobile ticket, they might not even have a smartphone.

You hit it right on the head what are they thinking trying to make it harder for some fans.

And a point not to be overlooked there is a portion of the fanbase that simply does not have access to credit cards and banking thus making it hard to pay cash for a mobile ticket, they might not even have a smartphone.

Correct.

Not only ageist but its also somewhat racist. How many languages do CNY residents speak I doubt that app is available in all of them.

Correct.

Not only ageist but its also somewhat racist.

I really did not want to go there but you got it. For whatever reason some folks due to a wide variety of reasons can't use a normal source of electronic payments as they do not have access to a bank or credit card. Not all fans that enjoy going to events have the ability to pay for anything if not using good old cash.Mobile ticketing cuts these folks out when wanting to buy tickets. Just go to any Walmart and watch people buying money orders to pay common bills or stop by a check cashing service on payday. And it brings us back to the original question why would anyone want to make it harder for their customers to buy tickets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom