Ash or Taggart... | Syracusefan.com

Ash or Taggart...

Does Rutgers have the coin to can him?
Apparently they extended him last year. No way they can possibly fire him.

Neither, Taggart is a proven coach installing a proven system and has much talent. Ash is as cheap as they come, is locked up and Rutgers is in the hole $50MM annually, thus they cannot afford to fire Ash.

Taggert, Rutgers can't afford to can Ash

Considering fsu had to pay willies buyout at oregon, cant imagine the coin it would take to fire him this year. Gotta be 8 figures...

Would Rutgers bring back Shady??
They seem to be split 50-50 on their board as to whether they would want him back vs. wanting no part of Schiano 2.0. At least based on the 'Who's our next coach?" type of thread today.

Considering fsu had to pay willies buyout at oregon, cant imagine the coin it would take to fire him this year. Gotta be 8 figures...

I highly doubt either of them are fired this year. At this point, Taggert would go before Ash based on RU being broke.
(I would think FSU gives him a few years to get his system in place)

It just seems like there is no limit to Florida booster money.

Getting rid of Taggert isn't going to get them a new offensive line, though.

FSU has NIU at home next week. Then Louisville away.
Maybe they can win both.
After that, their schedule looks pretty ugly.

I have to give this board a lot of credit for the Ash meltdown and pushing to hire Babers. We knew!

"Knew?"

Nobody "knew" anything. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I hope that FSU puts together a season to make our win look better. I'll go with they both survive this season. Ash gets canned early in '19.

They seem to be split 50-50 on their board as to whether they would want him back vs. wanting no part of Schiano 2.0. At least based on the 'Who's our next coach?" type of thread today.
Why would schiano go back he almost had the ten job. Being in the big ten is.much harder than the big east. He couldn't replicate the mediocrity he had with the girls.

Don't think this is entirely on Taggart but I hope he is there for awhile.

Ash, who cares? Rutgers is taking their rightful place at the cellar of FBS college football. They had a fun little blip on the radar. Back to reality.

"Knew?"

Nobody "knew" anything. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

This board shut down the internet because everyone "thought" Ash would be the worst hire imaginable and Babers would be a great hire. Offensive over defensive, we have a Dome. GRob, awful, Marrone, great, Shafer, awful.

Everyone "thought" right.

Florida State has to give Taggert 2 years atleast.
I mean it’s a dumpster fire start but they have to give him a chance. The upperclassmen may have quit on him.
So he needs to be given a chance to have some of his kids starting.
Ash should be done after this year but I hope he gets year 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom