Assistant Recruiting Coordinator Jeff Lepak @j_lepak

Director of HS Relations J B Gerald @CoachJBGerald

Offensive QC Vincent Marshall @CoachMarshall
Quality Control Coach John Pike @JohnPick15

Performance Sean Edinger
S&C Jeff Sobol @jeffsobol97

Will keep updating as necessary...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sowder is following Scoop Bradshaw, one of the new WRs we're on, the Cuse Football account, the Skowt account, and Stephen Bailey. I think we can probably move him from rumored into "on staff, but not sure exactly what his position title is yet."

Good that he's following Bradshaw. I know Culpepper is in and has had talks with Coyle, but wasn't sure what was going to happen to Bradshaw.

Good that he's following Bradshaw. I know Culpepper is in and has had talks with Coyle, but wasn't sure what was going to happen to Bradshaw.
Agreed...we have to keep that Plant HS pipeline open.

Looks to be mostly the BGSU staff. So what is the consensus on:

1) Coaching abilities?
2) Recruiting prowess?

I am not worried about #1, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Defensive side, a little more so, but only maybe because I am used to a Shafer type D (don't know what type of D BG plays).

#2 worries me a little more. Dino has a great personality. Is he considered a great recruiter too?

Looks to be mostly the BGSU staff. So what is the consensus on:

1) Coaching abilities?
2) Recruiting prowess?

I am not worried about #1, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Defensive side, a little more so, but only maybe because I am used to a Shafer type D (don't know what type of D BG plays).

#2 worries me a little more. Dino has a great personality. Is he considered a great recruiter too?

Rivals had Bowling Greens last 2 classes 2014, and 2015 ranked #99 and #94

who knows if bowling green was recruiting to the system or thats the best player they could get. even looking back at our last few years there is little correlation between ranking and well they played.

Keep in mind his first class was Clawson > Babers. Always has an impact. Probably will with this class too.

What I don't understand is, how is Bowling Green okay with these coaches out recruiting for SU? Aren't they officially still employees of BGSU?

Don't get me wrong, I am glad DB is being proactive with some of the kids who were previously committed. That definitely needed to be done. But, aren't those coaches supposed to be preparing BGSU for its bowl game? If SU were on the other side of this coin, this board would go nuclear.

What I don't understand is, how is Bowling Green okay with these coaches out recruiting for SU? Aren't they officially still employees of BGSU?

Don't get me wrong, I am glad DB is being proactive with some of the kids who were previously committed. That definitely needed to be done. But, aren't those coaches supposed to be preparing BGSU for its bowl game? If SU were on the other side of this coin, this board would go nuclear.
They are doing BG the favor by staying on to coach the bowl game until a new staff comes in. It's just the reality of the situation. Not really ideal for either party.

well in a few more days there is not much recruiting to do so coaching the kids is good for the kids who are there trying to win a bowl game.

there is no practice now anyway so until Bg name the head coach the recruiting was going to be limited.. now that the name one at least they have a chance to figure out what direction to take recruiting in when it comes back active after the bowl season.

Nice. In addition, how about keeping tabs on BG's S&C guy? Edinger, I believe. Thanks.

UVa liked him a lot, and he was a key recruiter for them. Has great contacts in Virginia. They did not want to lose him; we stole them from the Cavs.

I think this happened because he wants to be a member of the Babers Cult. Wants in on this offense because he knows it is his best chance to be a coordinator/head coach someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom