assuming HCDM takes the Wisky job who is next? | Syracusefan.com

assuming HCDM takes the Wisky job who is next?

kcsu

Living Legend
Who would we hire? Would we give Shafer the job and keep the staff intact? Do we go college or pro?

Who would we hire? Would we give Shafer the job and keep the staff intact? Do we go college or pro?
A good portion of the staff would probably go with him.

ya think we're going nuts here, the alabama fan base is going crazy after hearing that there's a good chance Saban is gone with another one of his December moves out the back door like he did with LSU. Listening to Finebaum on satellite radio and it was most of what was discussed tonight.

So lets start it, Saban gone, Marrone to Bama...you heard it here first :)

Wow it is just a question. Doug will leave someday. Who would we pick. If i had the choice i would make a retro move and hire from within. I would give Shafer a 4 year contract and give him the budget to keep his key assistants. Shafer would act as head coach and possibly DC the first year providing us with the money to retain staff and opening up space for a dedicated specials coach. Going outside at this late point would be difficult and we might end up with a situation like the one that brought us the plague.

Is this really necessary?

Wait, I didn't consider the source.
Go you are alive! When i started this post i actually set my egg timer to see how long it would take you to surface. Almost a record and im proud of you. So Go who would be your choice? How long would you wear black? Would the wake be held at the fine lot?:) Ok come on we all know that HCDM is not leaving but cant we have a little fun on a fan board?

I'm trying to think of some reasonable candidates that wouldn't just use us as a stepping stone and I'm struggling to do so. If Marrone left, I'd be fairly disappointed because, in my head, I have this vision of seeing Marrone coaching this team for the near future and leading us through the ACC. I wouldn't fault him if he did leave, but it would go against everything that he has stated to hold dear to him. I hope he doesn't pull a Rich-Rod.

I'm not even sure I'd expect this out of Cali.

BS. Everyone knows that Marrone is taking the Jets job next month.

Guys it is just for fun. Nobody wants or expects HCDM to leave. This is a ----- fan board. Go over to the Wisky board and see if they are not speculating about Doug. In fact he is starting to get a little wind in his sails from some of the posters. The fact that there is even speculation that he is being considered is great. It shows how far we have come. Syracuse is and will always be a great program regardless of the coach. GROB was a disaster but really the administration was the disaster. Trust me that has been fixed and the administration more than the head coach is the foundation of our program. It would set us back if Doug were to leave but the work that has been done by him and as importantly by others who bleed for this program has in my opinion ensured that we will never go back to the dark days.

Definitely go with an offensive-minded coach again. Much harder to make a successful offense than succcessful defense. Defense is built on chaos; offense on structure, scheme, and cohesiveness.

A NetJets left SYR to Madison, WI this morning...ok a coincidence

For those unfamiliar with NetJets they are contracted (for hire) business jets used to move around executives on short notice.

A Wisconsin thread talking about Marrone in the the Top 3 makes you take notice

This bears watching.

http://mbd.sc6ut.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2560&t=11048714&p=1

Id look at Gary Anderson from Utah state, or someone from inside like Shafer. Maybe see if we could grab an up and comer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom