Assuming we are on the road in the next ACC/Big 10... | Syracusefan.com

Assuming we are on the road in the next ACC/Big 10...

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
What road scalp would you like to collect? I'd love to go into Indiana and beat them in Bloomington and while that will happen eventually we probably don't play them two years in a row.

A little revenge at Ohio State would be nice too. While I am no Ohio State supporter I do respect there court. it gets pretty raucous. I'd love to silent it.

At Michigan State is a very special memory for me from very special season...I can wait a few years on this one...I'm still savoring that frantic finish where Forth stood his ground.

At Illinois would be fun. I just think I'd have to lay off the booze that night because all that orange and blue would be bound to confuse me.

At Minnesota? maybe for the court. just once...certainly not the team

At Wisconsin would be a scary game. That arena rocks. They hit a lot of threes. That's a recipe for a miserable night.

I think I'd like to go to Michigan. All those yellow dookies bouncing around. I have disliked Michigan for a long time. I could see us going in there and running them out of their building.....

But all that is next year. Still though it is going to be fun to go into one of those buildings, especially as defending national champions.

Ps-never want to go to: Rutgers, North Western, Iowa, Penn Sate...

We've crossed off MSU, IU and WU.

I want OSU.

Assuming we finish with the best RPI in the league and MSU does the same for the BiG, it should be us @ MSU.

Cheers,
Neil

Indiana at Syracuse
Michigan at Duke
North Carolina
at Michigan State
Maryland at Ohio State
Wisconsin at Virginia
Northwestern at NCState
BC
at Purdue
Miami at Nebraska
Illinois at Ga Tech
Penn State at Pitt
Notre Dame
at Iowa
Florida State at Minnesota

Presumably this years hosts, hit the road next year? I think that puts us at either Michigan or Maryland.

For a road game I'd like Penn State or Northwestern for obvious reasons.

Indiana at Syracuse
Michigan at Duke
North Carolina
at Michigan State
Maryland at Ohio State
Wisconsin at Virginia
Northwestern at NCState
BC
at Purdue
Miami at Nebraska
Illinois at Ga Tech
Penn State at Pitt
Notre Dame
at Iowa
Florida State at Minnesota

Presumably this years hosts, hit the road next year? I think that puts us at either Michigan or Maryland.

Not sure about that. It seems Duke has played at Cameron three of the past four challenges.

Cheers,
Neil

Either Illinois or Iowa (great buildings both; Iowa's improving as a program after that ugly spell). Maybe Michigan. Purdue would be OK, I guess. Painter's had some pretty decent seasons.

Indiana would be my first choice -- great venue -- but we're not playing them in consecutive years. Minnesota also has a great old arena, but I have no interest in watching us play them in basketball again.

I hate Ohio State. Don't like Wisconsin's style. Michigan State's played out as far as we're concerned.

Penn State effectively has no basketball program, so no. Northwestern, meh.

One thing I hope to see with Louisville joining the ACC next year is that Duke, UNC, UL, and SU only play MSU, OSU, Mich, and Indiana from next year onward.

Cheers,
Neil

Not sure about that. It seems Duke has played at Cameron three of the past four challenges.

Cheers,
Neil

Yeah, I wouldn't assume we go on the road out of "fairness". This is about TV and there are few settings as impressive on TV as the Dome.

Based on the history, I wouldn't rule anything out in terms of getting another home game or a repeat game against Indiana. The only thing I think is definite is we wouldn't get IU at the dome again next year. But we could play at IU or get, say Michigan in the dome. I'd like to see us play at IU or Michigan myself.

As I have understood it all these many years, about the only real scheduling criterion for the ACC - B1G Challenge is that no team has to play on the road for more than two consecutive seasons. Typically, a team plays at home one year on the road the next!

Am I the only one missing the obvious reason? This isn't a program that needs sure road wins.

Am I the only one missing the obvious reason? This isn't a program that needs sure road wins.

don't 2 or 3 ACC have to sit out?

ed. Nevermind. Rutigrls joins B1G and Maryland too. ACC will be at 15, B1G @ 14? or am I wrong?

At anyrate, SU is one of the big draws - for TV and attendance. I doubt we'll get left out

Cuse will be in Michigan- guess would be in Ann Arbor (1st time for Boeheim?)

I'd like Maryland a nice beat down their first year in the Big 10, and let Louisville go beat Rutgers at their place. A good present for the Big 10, showing on National TV how bad their new programs are.

Don
don't 2 or 3 ACC have to sit out?

ed. Nevermind. Rutigrls joins B1G and Maryland too. ACC will be at 15, B1G @ 14? or am I wrong?

At anyrate, SU is one of the big draws - for TV and attendance. I doubt we'll get left out

Don't worry. VPI will sit out next year, too.

Cuse will be in Michigan- guess would be in Ann Arbor (1st time for Boeheim?)
we played a home-away series with Michigan in the 80s. In 1987 we took our 15-0 record there and lost by 3. They had Antoine Joubert and Terry Mills.

They came to the Dome in 88 and we blew them out.

I think we are at Michigan or Wisconsin. I'm guessing Duke will play at Maryland, if Maryland is projected to be good. Michigan St at Louisville.

Rutgers will play at BC. BC is embarrassing themselves at Purdue, a team 2-7 Siena lost to twice by single digits at Purdue and a neutral floor. Miami may not play next year.

we played a home-away series with Michigan in the 80s. In 1987 we took our 15-0 record there and lost by 3. They had Antoine Joubert and Terry Mills.

They came to the Dome in 88 and we blew them out.

Derrick took that personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom