At least boeheim had sons when he was really old | Syracusefan.com

At least boeheim had sons when he was really old

Millhouse

Living Legend
This could've been a tubby Smith situation

what do you say to a kid who tries real hard, is very good, and wants to please you? Can't win

Now the minutes, that's a different story

This could've been a tubby Smith situation

what do you say to a kid who tries real hard, is very good, and wants to please you? Can't win

Now the minutes, that's a different story
You make him sound like Noah, or Abraham, or even Methuselah.

I will say that Boeheim coaching his sons has to be a major highlight for any dads out there. I'd be tickled pink that he gets to go to games and coach them at a very high level. Said kids are also playing at the highest level of college basketball. That's an awesome thing.

The part that must be hard for all is the kids probably don't want to be part of a terrible Syracuse season. The optics are hard for kids. They want to please their father with success. Yet, as a dad, i'm sure Boeheim has very few seasons that make him happier than the joy of what he's doing now.

That doesn't give us joy because these aren't our kids but I can see where he's having a blast in the twilight of his career

I will say that Boeheim coaching his sons has to be a major highlight for any dads out there. I'd be tickled pink that he gets to go to games and coach them at a very high level. Said kids are also playing at the highest level of college basketball. That's an awesome thing.

The part that must be hard for all is the kids probably don't want to be part of a terrible Syracuse season. The optics are hard for kids. They want to please their father with success. Yet, as a dad, i'm sure Boeheim has very few seasons that make him happier than the joy of what he's doing now.

That doesn't give us joy because these aren't our kids but I can see where he's having a blast in the twilight of his career
If this season continues to go this way, you wonder how much this will stick with Jimmy and Buddy. This may be the worst record their father has ever had and they lead the team in shots attempted per game. That’s gotta be difficult

If he had them earlier we would have to deal with his grandkids playing time.

Perhaps, this is why JB plays both Jimmy & Buddy such extended minutes? At JB's current age, his kids are actually at the age typically of where most grandchildren are at. And, we all know how much grandparents love to spoil, etc. their grandchildren, much more so than their own children...I think this explains it all! ;):)

I'm not sure it's that great coaching your own kids and I'd imagine it to be very difficult on a losing team.

Maybe I'm a weird guy, but I'd want no part of coaching my kids at this high of a level. I'd prefer my kids go off and chart their own path.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom