At least we can relax on Selection Sunday*** | Syracusefan.com

At least we can relax on Selection Sunday***

I wouldn't say quite yet. Need at least one more win. Two and the discussion will be about seed.

There aren’t 68 teams deserving of the tournament this season. Clemson is projected to be in the tournament with a losing conference record.

There aren’t 68 teams deserving of the tournament this season. Clemson is projected to be in the tournament with a losing conference record.

Agree. I slightly edited my post. Think we're in good shape but still want at least one more win.

Can we all agree that if SU wins on Saturday then it’s lock city?

giphy.gif

SU has nothing but great opportunity to move up in the bracketology. Should beat WF but with this team you never know. Very good chance to beat Clemson. If this team plays well they can beat any other team they play. If they don't, they can lose to any other team they play. We can't forget UConn, ODU, and GT. We know this team can play very ugly at times. One solid victory should be cause for optimism but little else.

SU has nothing but great opportunity to move up in the bracketology. Should beat WF but with this team you never know. Very good chance to beat Clemson. If this team plays well they can beat any other team they play. If they don't, they can lose to any other team they play. We can't forget UConn, ODU, and GT. We know this team can play very ugly at times. One solid victory should be cause for optimism but little else.

Perfectly said. A win vs Duke and loss at WF frankly would not be shocking.

ESPN said during the game that we’re currently around the 9 line. Got to think that after tonight’s win we move up to 7-8? Then after a win VS. Duke/UNC/UVA we move up even more to 5-6?

With a strong finish this team can be a 5 seed in the big dance next month, which would have been an insane statement as recently as a week or two ago.

ESPN said during the game that we’re currently around the 9 line. Got to think that after tonight’s win we move up to 7-8? Then after a win VS. Duke/UNC/UVA we move up even more to 5-6?

With a strong finish this team can be a 5 seed in the big dance next month, which would have been an insane statement as recently as a week or two ago.
Don’t get to far ahead. 3 hours ago half the board b***hed this was the worst team ever. I do hope you are right though.

the win moved syracuse up 9 spots in the pomeroy rankings, from 44 to 35; louisville dropped from 14 to 20
I thought that might happen. The teams from around 30-45 in KenPom are all within just a few efficiency points of each other and can shift pretty dramatically based on just one good or bad offensive/defensive performance. We were around 32 just a couple of weeks ago.

I thought that might happen. The teams from around 30-45 in KenPom are all within just a few efficiency points of each other and can shift pretty dramatically based on just one good or bad offensive/defensive performance. We were around 32 just a couple of weeks ago.
it was a big defensive performance tonight. haven't checked but i'll bet if that wasn't louisville's worst offenisve efficiency number it's very close

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom