Class of 2018 - ATH Atrilleon Williams (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 ATH Atrilleon Williams (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Williams is going to be a steal for somebody in the 2018 cycle

If there was a defensive back in Florida, Ohio, Texas, California, Georgia, or even New Jersey that measured in at 6-foot-2, 180-pounds, ran a 4.43 40-yard dash time as clocked by a college coach, and repeatedly won battles with top receivers at camps all summer, most would probably think said player already had multiple offers and was a 4-star recruit.

Unfortunately for Class of 2018 DB Atrilleon Williams, or "Trill" as he is known by friends and family, that is not the case, as he has gone relatively unknown from Archbishop Stepinac in White Plains, New York.

Williams holds just one offer, from the University of Buffalo, which he earned on the spot after clocking his blazing 40-yard dash time and locking up receivers all day at the Bulls' satellite camp held in Brooklyn this summer.

He hasn't received much interest after that, with regional programs Rutgers, Syracuse, and Pitt the only others showing serious interest at this time, which is something that is mind-boggling to those who have seen him in action.

While he's doing his part in being patient, Williams is also doing his part on the field, and hoping that his production speaks volumes to college coaches across the country. Just last week he scored five touchdowns in a big 42-34 win over Iona Prep, with three coming on the ground, one coming through the air, and the last one being the most important, taking an interception back 70 yards for a score to win the game.

Fans, coaches, and his teammates have come to expect that type of production from the athletic freak that Williams is, and college coaches will soon begin to take notice of the same. While he waits for that to happen, though, Williams is content with the relationships he's built with the Scarlet Knights, the Orange, and the Panthers thus far.

"Rutgers, their defensive coordinator talks to me," Williams told 247Sports. "He tells me to keep my grades up and he invites me to games there. Their program is going to be on the rise soon and I want to be an addition to what they're starting to build.

"Pittsburgh, a lot of coaches there send me letters and invite me to games, the same as Rutgers. I like how they are showing interest in me and make me feel really wanted there.

"Syracuse, I got to see their coaches at their camp this summer. They ask about me and stuff like that. They're a good program and definitely getting better [under new coach Dino Babers]."

Outside of those three programs, there are two additional schools that Williams says he'd love to hear from in the near future.

"My top two schools would be Miami and Ohio State," he stated. "Miami, I play cornerback, and they are a DB U. That is a school I would love to be a part of. For Ohio State, ever since I was little, they have been my favorite team. I would love to play for Ohio State. They were the team I grew up watching."

During the fall, Williams plans to take visits to Rutgers and Pittsburgh for sure, and hopes some other offers and interest come his way, so that he can check out those schools as well.

And he's hoping that interest for him heats up soon, as he'd love to make a decision relatively soon.

"I'd like to make a decision towards the end of this season, so it's out of the way and I don't have to worry about all that stuff heading into my senior year," he explained. "I'll be looking at a school's academics first, as my parents want me to get a great education. Next, I would look at my relationship with the coaching staff. Then, I would be looking to see if the team is going to win."

Finally, Williams spoke about his strengths on the field, as well as what he hopes to improve before he gets to the college level.

"I bring a higher intensity to the defense," he said. "If my team needs a big play, I will make it. I won't shy away from being 'the guy'.

"I would like to improve on opening my hips. I'm usually the fastest player on the field, so I can easily make up ground if I need to, but I don't want to have to do that, when I can use technique to avoid those situations."

Huge talent. Would be a great fit in the Tampa 2 defense. Former DE Donnie Simmons is a Stepinac alum.

SU hoops target Jordan Tucker also goes there...

Huge talent. Would be a great fit in the Tampa 2 defense. Former DE Donnie Simmons is a Stepinac alum.

SU hoops target Jordan Tucker also goes there...
(Jordan transferred down to Georgia. )

Whitey23 said:
(Jordan transferred down to Georgia. )

Nice. I hope he brought his fiddle.

Class of 2018 and hoping to make a decision soon? Would love to see the staff build a relationship with him - but if he blows up it sounds like he has his sights set elsewhere...

No chance to land a kid that has his only other offer from Buffalo?

Would love to hear some reasoning on this one...

- The buzz on this kid is he's under exposed but a freak athlete
- same buzz suggests once word gets out the big boys should come calling
- article quotes kid as dreaming of playing for Miami or OSU
- doesn't seem to have any affinity for Cuse over Rutgers or Pitt let alone selector schools

Seems to me if this kid blows up as predicted we don't have a real shot to land him.

Still gotta recruit him hard but not holding my breath at this point

Agree ,ya stay on him hard and often and let him know we really want and need him and we are the next best thing coming down the thruway.

If he makes it to an Opening Camp, yeah I don't like our chances at him. Kid has stars in his eyes.

What did he have surgery on? Wonder if any schools back off too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom