Class of 2016 - ATH Carl Jones (OH) SIGNED LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Carl Jones (OH) SIGNED LOI

Looks like he has Air Force and Army offers... If he has a commitable offer you'd think he'd be accepting it soon.

• His defense is as good as his offense. He is a good get if we get him.

6-2, 175, supposedly a 4.5...and from one of the big Ohio programs, to boot. Nice work establishing a pipeline between Troy Henderson, Jones, and potentially Tony Butler, too.

He looks like he could be a cover corner the way he was showing in his film.

Looks like he has Air Force and Army offers... If he has a commitable offer you'd think he'd be accepting it soon.

Agree.. Should have good grades too with those schools offering

This kid's technique is what is most exciting. We hope that any D1 caliber receiver can run past a defender on a GO route in high school. The things that made my eyes light up were running on the hip of the receiver, looking back for the ball, catching with his hands. My favorite play of the whole tape was a 12 yard comeback where he caught it on the sideline. On the college levels those are huge plays because it is a first down. Love when I see good technique because that is a difference maker.

I am guessing that is just a general "Come join SU" tweet but I would think Mr Jones will be committing very shortly.

Where did this picture at top of thread originally come from? I saw it in Bailey's article but was it tweeted out by someone? If not I wonder if the staff gave it to PS to generate buzz... Or maybe I missed it on Twitter

go orange good looking.gif

I'd rather go with the sleeper high school kid than a sleeper JUCO anyday. I like his measurables and we desperately need bigger corners so he'd seem like a good flyer to take.