Class of 2021 - ATH CJ Dippre (PA) Portal from Maryland to Alabama | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 ATH CJ Dippre (PA) Portal from Maryland to Alabama

this isn’t last years offense. Anae would love a big tight end to pass too and block. The old offense wouldn’t throw a pass to Gronk lol.
Sure, that's what Anae wants this offense to be. Anae is the TE coach.

But if you're a transfer with one last season to play and you look at the last few years of SU's offense, do you roll the dice?

Who was the last TE at SU who was a big part of the offense? Ravian Pierce? Nick Provo?
Maybe we could get Dave Bavaro to give him a call.

Sure, that's what Anae wants this offense to be. Anae is the TE coach.

But if you're a transfer with one last season to play and you look at the last few years of SU's offense, do you roll the dice?

Who was the last TE at SU who was a big part of the offense? Ravian Pierce? Nick Provo?
Maybe we could get Dave Bavaro to give him a call.

Anae & Beck roll film of their TE’s at UVA and BYU.

Then they tell the TE croot -
son, the reason we didn’t use the TE like this last season, was because we didn’t have the right personnel.
YOU are the right guy.

Anae & Beck roll film of their TE’s at UVA and BYU.

Then they tell the TE croot -
son, the reason we didn’t use the TE like this last season, was because we didn’t have the right personnel.
YOU are the right guy.
I get your point. Not trying to be overly skeptical.
Anae's track record is definitely a plus for bringing in a TE with good hands.

Yeah I don’t think this is a hard sell. We clearly can use a TE, Anae has used the TE in the past, and there’s no competition. Seems like a no brainer to me if SU is a school a TE is willing to look at.

Here is a question to those football minds far greater than my own. If we land a portal transfer TE, I assume that Gadsden then moves to an outside receiver position. Does this hurt his productivity and ability to find open spaces?

Here is a question to those football minds far greater than my own. If we land a portal transfer TE, I assume that Gadsden then moves to an outside receiver position. Does this hurt his productivity and ability to find open spaces?
OG doesn't play TE. He plays a hybrid position.
Yes he moves outside.
As to this kid its a simple pitch.
You will start. We have 1 other true TE on the team and a converted QB.

OG doesn't play TE. He plays a hybrid position.
Yes he moves outside.
As to this kid its a simple pitch.
You will start. We have 1 other true TE on the team and a converted QB.
I do understand that OG wasn't a true TE. But, he lined up as a TE, I believe. And that creates matchups against mostly linebackers. It seems like a different world when going against cornerbacks. He has the size, but does he have the speed to get a step or two on corners?

Dippre so far has picked up offers from South Carolina, Ole Miss, North Carolina State, West Virginia and South Carolina among others.

He's officially visiting South Carolina the weekend of Dec. 16.

I do understand that OG wasn't a true TE. But, he lined up as a TE, I believe. And that creates matchups against mostly linebackers. It seems like a different world when going against cornerbacks. He has the size, but does he have the speed to get a step or two on corners?

I don’t think that’s accurate. Every team we played knew he wasn’t a TE and played him as a WR. I don’t think he rarely was covered solely by a LB in M2M situation. Zone is a little different but you can scheme that to happen to some degree with any WR with the route.

I don’t think that’s accurate. Every team we played knew he wasn’t a TE and played him as a WR. I don’t think he rarely was covered solely by a LB in M2M situation. Zone is a little different but you can scheme that to happen to some degree with any WR with the route.
This
They used motion to get him open a ton and most of his TDs where against DBs

We could use a solid TE like this and like most of have said almost zero depth, it's an easy sell

I think that kid we signed from Albany may be a big surprise. Ya he got hurt at the end of the season but when he gets back in football shape, he just be another diamond in the rough. I love he is 6'-7" and 265 lbs. can catch and block.

I think that kid we signed from Albany may be a big surprise. Ya he got hurt at the end of the season but when he gets back in football shape, he just be another diamond in the rough. I love he is 6'-7" and 265 lbs. can catch and block.
Agree with this. Only quibble is I thought he got hurt beginning of the season and didn’t play much or at all.

Agree with this. Only quibble is I thought he got hurt beginning of the season and didn’t play much or at all.
Could be, I thought it at end but you may be right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom