Class of 2016 - ATH Henry Miller (FL) Transferring from Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Henry Miller (FL) Transferring from Pitt

Offers include Cincy, GT, UofL, Indiana, Kentucky, Mich St., Miss. St, NC St., Pitt, RU, WVU, Wisc., Syracuse

Just wishful thinking/hoping, or has there been any movement?

He named a top 10 a while ago and we weren't in it. Other than that? Who knows.

Offers include Cincy, GT, UofL, Indiana, Kentucky, Mich St., Miss. St, NC St., Pitt, RU, WVU, Wisc., Syracuse
I have no idea who scopes out the classic"under the radar players but history shows that the overlooked gems are out there to be found. I would look to those less attractive teams another commits to see if they have someone on the list who its good for the program's history and go for a flip. Its been done before successfully.

https://accsports.com/miller-hill-commit-to-panthers/

Pat Narduzzi and his staff have had a lot of success on the recruiting trail as of late, and on Friday, two more players pledged to Pitt.

Throughout the 2016 recruiting cycle, Florida athlete Henry Miller had long been a target of multiple ACC programs. On Friday, Miller revealed that he would be playing his college football for one of those programs.

“I am proud to announce that I will be furthering my education and football career at the University of Pittsburgh,” Miller said via his personal Twitter account.

Playing quarterback and cornerback for Gateway High School in Kissimmee, Florida, the 6-3, 191-pound prospect completed 45.3 percent of his passes for 835 yards and eight touchdowns while also rushing for 824 yards and 15 scores. On the defensive side of the ball, he racked up 28 tackles and picked off a pass.

Miller, who is a consensus 3-star recruit, projects as a cornerback for the Panthers. He is the third defensive back to commit to Pitt this cycle, joining Phil Campbell of Monmouth Junction, New Jersey, as well as Therran Coleman and Bricen Garner of Pittsburgh.

Shortly after Miller announced his decision, highly touted all-purpose back Hill also shared news of his commitment on Twitter.

“After talking with my family and coaches, I have decided to become a student athlete at the University of Pittsburgh,” he said.

A native of Hubbard, Ohio, Hill is rated the No. 155 overall player in the 2016 class on the 247Sports Composite. He originally committed to Ohio State in June 2014 but reopened his recruitment two months ago.

Hill is the fifth prospect from his state to pledge to the Panthers this cycle.

Report: Four Pitt Football players have left the program

-RS Sophomore DL Kam Carter (of previous Last Chance U fame)

-RS Freshman DL Kaezon Pugh

-RS Freshman DB/LB Henry Miller

-RS Sophomore DB Malik Henderson

Kam Carter is not a super surprising move. Carter came in from JUCO and did play a fair amount this last year, but was pushed out of the two deep by the end of the year. He has talent so this a bit disappointing but Pitt has developed the defensive line fairly well over this season, and should be a strength going into next season even without Karter

Malik Henderson only got in a few games in 2016, and did not see the field in 2017. Not surprising he would want to move on.

Kaezon Pugh is only a little bit surprising because there have been rumors he was on the way out the last several weeks. He’s a disappointment to lose because he’s a physical freak and still very young, but hasn’t seen the field yet. Being a local product from Aliquippa , he’s also a little more high profile of a loss image wise.

Henry Miller is by far the most surprising move. I think this is simply having a log jam in front of him at his projected position. He came into Pitt as a tall DB, but was moved to linebacker coming into this season. There’s talent in front of him, and he might have had to wait another year, so he may have decided to find an opportunity elsewhere.

The 2016 class, Narduzzi’s highest rated so far, is started to lose a significant chunk of the players. However, that class already has a large amount of contributors on the field as well

Kam Carter is a mess

Kid doesn't take anything seriously, lacks basic education and has little drive. Either psychological problems or lack of parental involvement. I'm going with the latter.

Kid doesn't take anything seriously, lacks basic education and has little drive. Either psychological problems or lack of parental involvement. I'm going with the latter.
Turns out young men need Dads...I recall watching Last Chance U, and having the impression that Kam Carter had no father, or father figure around to demonstrate how to act like a man, and live your life with purpose, conviction, and respect for yourself and others.

Turns out young men need Dads...I recall watching Last Chance U, and having the impression that Kam Carter had no father, or father figure around to demonstrate how to act like a man, and live your life with purpose, conviction, and respect for yourself and others.

I saw the same and agree. Not everyone has issues from a one-parent family, but it's evident he does.

Wrote Miller upon his departure:

"You and Hap and I, and I’ll show you all the towns. America is full of beautiful towns and fine, upstanding people. And they know me, boys, they know me up and down New England. The finest people. And when I bring you fellas up, there’ll be open sesame for all of us, ‘cause one thing, boys: I have friends. I can park my car in any street in New England, and the cops protect it like their own. This summer, heh?

Didn't he have an uncle or grandad that raised him in Maryland? Don't think that's a huge issue - he just lacks drive and maturity.

Didn't he have an uncle or grandad that raised him in Maryland? Don't think that's a huge issue - he just lacks drive and maturity.

You know what, you are exactly right. I was confusing him with someone else. My apologies on my earlier assessment. His uncle was pretty stoic and straight-forward man. Why didn't he mature, is the question, I guess? Well, I don't have to look far, I have son who didn't mature until he got into the Air Force. Things changed quickly then.

You know what, you are exactly right. I was confusing him with someone else. My apologies on my earlier assessment. His uncle was pretty stoic and straight-forward man. Why didn't he mature, is the question, I guess? Well, I don't have to look far, I have son who didn't mature until he got into the Air Force. Things changed quickly then.
Because sometimes an uncle being your dad, is just not the same as a your father being a dad. There is always a "why wasn't I good enough for my dad to stick around" in the back of your head. There is always a fear of not being good enough, and a fear of failure. A lot of times, when those same youths see that they're good at something, and then face adversity, like not being the best player on the team anymore, they'll sabotage their own success to avoid failing, and not being good enough, and rejected even more.