Class of 2017 - ATH Isaiah McDuffie (NY) Committed to BC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Isaiah McDuffie (NY) Committed to BC

The boneyard had a post on him in the spring. Reported offers from Buffalo, Syracuse, Penn State UTEP and Uconn.

Last edited:
I only watched first minute of clip because the open is on but suspect he projects as a lb?

The UConn board is saying he had offers from UConn, Buffalo, Penn State, and UTEP in addition to Syracuse.

This kid is a tank. Wish we saw more LB highlights since I assume that's what he was recruited at, but just seeing his size and speed, and with the strength he plays is enough for me.

This kid is a tank. Wish we saw more LB highlights since I assume that's what he was recruited at, but just seeing his size and speed, and with the strength he plays is enough for me.
Agreed - he's got solid speed and agility and is put together REALLY well considering he's still so young.

Exactly why I want to give this group of coaches at least 2 more years, yes we need to see the W's but in my opinion we are just starting to see these guys make inroads on the recruiting trail, we never get commits two years ahead, now we have two and one very highly rated with the second expected to blow up. It takes time and these guys are just starting to get ahead of the curve and look at players earlier. If they fall flat in two years at least the cupboard will be full for the next group of coaches. Not the time IMHO for Coyle to have an itchy trigger finger.

Pretty impressive for So. Highlights. I'll take a solid So. Out of Buffalo all day. Really strong runner with great balance and good speed and quickness. Has the makings of a really strong LB, possibly a RB.

Solid pickup. Have to like the momentum in recruiting.

Isaiah plays for his dad, Steve McDuffie. Bennett HS has been horrible at football until recently, when McDuffie took things over. They made the playoffs last year, losing a close game to Cheektowaga 40-34. That Cheektowaga team who make it to the state championship game before losing to ME. The remarkable turnabout is largely built on the the shoulders of this special sophomore.

Steve's brother is Chris McDuffie, who played for UB in the mid 2000s. He coaches at Williamsville East. This is a good family to get involved with.

Regarding the film, you can see a top notch athlete with size and speed. I agree, he projects as a linebacker. To me, he looks to be a prototypical SAM, the type of athlete we really need to field a top notch defense.

Great get.

Regarding the film, you can see a top notch athlete with size and speed. I agree, he projects as a linebacker. To me, he looks to be a prototypical SAM, the type of athlete we really need to field a top notch defense.

Great get.
Great minds. I was just talking to a couple people about McDuffie and told them he looks to me like a hell of a future strongside linebacker. The way he's put together, of course, I could see him potentially coming in at 220-225 and playing in the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom