Class of 2018 - ATH Ricky Miezan (VA) Flipped to Stanford | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 ATH Ricky Miezan (VA) Flipped to Stanford

Miezan is currently the #1 rated LAX recruit in the Class of 2018 per Recruiting Rundown, and #3 per Inside Lacrosse.

He's been a household name on the Lax recruiting circuit since 8th grade but just switched from soccer to football this year. Give him a football schollie & let him walk-on for Lax ala Jeff Lowe.

BREAKING: No. 1 Lacrosse Prospect Ricky Miezan Will Play College Football

This offer from Syracuse football may be the first of many. Ideally, Miezan would like to hold his commitment to playing lacrosse at UNC, but also suit up for the Tar Heels' football squad. He understands those may be lofty expectations and isn't opposed to a collegiate career focused only on football.

"When I talk to coaches, the main thing they see is an athlete with good instinct," Miezan said. "They know it was my first year and are impressed. With any good athlete, they know their coaching staff can grow and mold me into a competitor on their football team."

One of my favorite memories was my first football game of the season under the lights," Miezan said. "We had gone up by two touchdowns, and our quarterback who is also my roommate, comes up to me and tells me I'm scoring this drive. We drive up the field and are at about the 25. We snap the ball, and I run behind the line, fake the end cap and run out for a pass. He immediately finds me and I get in the end zone, running over the guy in front of me. That was my first touchdown ever and after the crowed started chanting my name, I decided, 'I think I can do this football thing.' "

After watching all his highlights , both football and Lacrosse, I think he deserves the Jim Thorpe Award. lol j/k But this kid is the real deal.

I'm beginning to really dislike Mike Hart ;-)
Not sure why anybody liked this guy in the first place for he left CNY to play at Michigan and bolted again after one year to coach at IU. Screw him!

Not sure why anybody liked this guy in the first place for he left CNY to play at Michigan and bolted again after one year to coach at IU. Screw him!
Yeah because nobody knows what's in Mike Hart's best interest like someone who has never met Mike Hart.

Yeah because nobody knows what's in Mike Hart's best interest like someone who has never met Mike Hart.
It's all about loyalty which is what Dino preaches and I have no issue with coaches moving on.

It's all about loyalty which is what Dino preaches and I have no issue with coaches moving on.
So you won't have an issue with Dino moving on for more money, to secure himself and his family financially, and to move up the ladder in his profession, but for Mike Hart, it wasn't ok for him to go to Michigan for a chance to secure himself financially, and to take care of his family in the future? It would only be ok to do that at SU? If his goal was to go to the NFL, well then picking Michigan was the right choice. If his goal was to get immediate playing time, well then Michigan was the right choice. If he wanted a big time school in a big time conference with the best facilities, and a chance to be showcased on a national level and play for a winning team, then Michigan was the right choice. If his goal was just to keep you happy then I guess he chose wrong.

So you won't have an issue with Dino moving on for more money, to secure himself and his family financially, and to move up the ladder in his profession, but for Mike Hart, it wasn't ok for him to go to Michigan for a chance to secure himself financially, and to take care of his family in the future? It would only be ok to do that at SU? If his goal was to go to the NFL, well then picking Michigan was the right choice. If his goal was to get immediate playing time, well then Michigan was the right choice. If he wanted a big time school in a big time conference with the best facilities, and a chance to be showcased on a national level and play for a winning team, then Michigan was the right choice. If his goal was just to keep you happy then I guess he chose wrong.
Actually early playing time was never a reason for him to go to Michigan. He was fourth string at the start of his freshman year. A ton of injuries finally got him his shot and he took full advantage of it. He was always a Michigan fan. There was an article his senior year about how the seniors at Onondaga High School get to pick the design of the helmets. They put wings on them Hart's senior year because of Michigan.

He's a great example about how you can't always judge a guy on measureables. Every guy that started out in front of him and eventually became his back up looked better on paper.

Actually early playing time was never a reason for him to go to Michigan. He was fourth string at the start of his freshman year. A ton of injuries finally got him his shot and he took full advantage of it. He was always a Michigan fan. There was an article his senior year about how the seniors at Onondaga High School get to pick the design of the helmets. They put wings on them Hart's senior year because of Michigan.

He's a great example about how you can't always judge a guy on measureables. Every guy that started out in front of him and eventually became his back up looked better on paper.
Agree. I just find it silly to shame the kid because he decided to, god forbid, play somewhere other than his hometown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom