Class of 2019 - ATH SirVocea Dennis (NY) Flipped to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 ATH SirVocea Dennis (NY) Flipped to Pitt

This kid is an ATHLETE. If I was the staff I would look to bring him in any way possible.

I am happy for SirVocea.

Wow, Pitt had a brutal recruiting class. I recently looked at their commits and their offers and was astonished at how weak it is. I hope Narduzzi sticks around for a long time.

Isn't their class ranked 9th in the ACC and ours 13th ??

and ?

Pitts class is brutal and way over rated.
As a fan, I would like to believe that.
Pitt’s class is better at QB, RB, TE - nothing brutal about what they did in those positions. Their DL recruits look the part. Our 3 LBs and Nunn are the cream of our class. It is puts and takes when you compare our bunch against Pitt’s class, looking at each unit.

Pitt’s class is better at QB, RB, TE - nothing brutal about what they did in those positions. Their DL recruits look the part. Our 3 LBs and Nunn are the cream of our class. It is puts and takes when you compare our bunch against Pitt’s class, looking at each unit.
I looked at the offers for their players and compared them to ours. There was no comparison.

They are clearly taking B listers to fill up their class. This cannot be argued.

I am happy for SirVocea.

Wow, Pitt had a brutal recruiting class. I recently looked at their commits and their offers and was astonished at how weak it is. I hope Narduzzi sticks around for a long time.

That's a strange take since he's 3-1 against us since his hire.

'better' based on what" ?

Our QB recruit had an offer from Pitt themselves and Maryland. Their QB recruit had 2 reported P5 offers; Rutgers and Northwestern.

The RB and TE I'll give them the edge. Though we have zero need for a RB and Jawhar Jordan who's not in our rankings is certainly the equal of their RB.

I think our DL has the better offers but lets call it a push. If we add Linton edge goes to Syracuse.

Our OL, WR, DB and LB all better than Pitts.

I just admire you for not only watching film on every one of our recruits, but film on Pitt's recruits as well!

I can't even find time to watch it on our guys!

'better' based on what" ?

Our QB recruit had an offer from Pitt themselves and Maryland. Their QB recruit had 2 reported P5 offers; Rutgers and Northwestern.

The RB and TE I'll give them the edge. Though we have zero need for a RB and Jawhar Jordan who's not in our rankings is certainly the equal of their RB.

I think our DL has the better offers but lets call it a push. If we add Linton edge goes to Syracuse.

Our OL, WR, DB and LB all better than Pitts.
Beville (Pitt’s QB) is more highly rated (per familiar services), committed early to Pitt, faster, taller, better shuttle time, MVP of the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas. Looks a bit like Dungey as a runner in his highlights, though rated as a PRO.

We did well in flipping Summers, and having that Maryland offer does count. With all the offers flying around, I would not just count offers without looking at metrics and production.

Beville (Pitt’s QB) is more highly rated (per familiar services), committed early to Pitt, faster, taller, better shuttle time, MVP of the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas. Looks a bit like Dungey as a runner in his highlights, though rated as a PRO.

We did well in flipping Summers, and having that Maryland offer does count. With all the offers flying around, I would not just count offers without looking at metrics and production.

Great the sites have him more highly rated. The evaluators who actually matter though - the P5 Colleges - don't. And FWIW Summers is a two time State Champion.

I don't put a lot of stock in high school production though. Too many variables, but I do like winners. Summers has only lost 2 games. I put a lot more stock into physical metrics, offers and camp evals.

Currently rvls should have Syracuse with 1300 points putting them at #49 and #11 in the ACC behind Pitt at #10.

That said, there are numerous ratings discrepancies when comparing classes. We went over this the other day. Tisdale is a perfect example. He's the lowest rated kid in our class. They have a lineman from NY - Matt Goncalves - with no interest from anybody who's one of the highest rated in their class.

Great the sites have him more highly rated. The evaluators who actually matter though - the P5 Colleges - don't. And FWIW Summers is a two time State Champion.

I don't put a lot of stock in high school production though. Too many variables, but I do like winners. Summers has only lost 2 games. I put a lot more stock into physical metrics, offers and camp evals.

Of those P5 evaluators, I don’t know how you could tell where they had these two on their boards. The best offer of the bunch was NW. Not to quibble, but high school production and high school w/l are both subject to variables — including OL play and quality of WRs.

I will stick with this. Beville had better ratings, and has better metrics. If we had him on our list, we would be happy.

That's a strange take since he's 3-1 against us since his hire.
I made a comment about Pitt’s 2019 recruiting class, not their performance on the field against us the past 4 years. If you want to change what we are discussing to that topic, yes, you are correct.

That said, they had a bad recruiting class. I don’t see how a class with so many players with no P5 interest can be rated as highly as it is.

Update: I see 247 has dropped the Pitt class behind a bunch of other ACC schools, including Syracuse.

Glad they agree with me!

I made a comment about Pitt’s 2019 recruiting class, not their performance on the field against us the past 4 years. If you want to change what we are discussing to that topic, yes, you are correct.

That said, they had a bad recruiting class. I don’t see how a class with so many players with no P5 interest can be rated as highly as it is.

Update: I see has dropped the Pitt class behind a bunch of other ACC schools, including Syracuse.

Glad they agree with me!
Hey man not everyone can be you ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom