Class of 2016 - ATH/WR KJ Gray (NJ) Rutgers to Garden City CC to... | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH/WR KJ Gray (NJ) Rutgers to Garden City CC to...

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...-prep-wr-kj-gray-lands-a-syracuse-offer/?=kkk

Although the focus for colleges is the class of 2015 (signing day Feb. 4), New Jersey prospects from the class of 2016 have been hauling in plenty of offers in recent days.
And moments ago, St. Peter's Prep wide receiver KJ Gray was the latest junior to receive a new offer. Gray, who hauled in 32 receptions for 418 yards and four touchdowns last season, picked up an offer from the Syracuse Orangemen, he announced on his Twitter page.
The 6-2, 185-pounder now holds offers from Syracuse, Rutgers, Boston College and UConn

Reminds me a lot of Lemon or maybe even Lewis. He runs great routes, drops down in the hole in a zone coverage, and has nice hands. Not blazing fast but reads the D very well to find his spacing. The thing I like the most is how he goes and gets the ball at the highest point.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...ia-unofficial-has-other-visits-in-mind/?=nvnv

By Braulio Perez | NJ Advance Media, for NJ.com
on March 02, 2015 1:34 PM, updated March 02, 2015 1:45 PM

Coming off a strong junior campaign for the state champion St. Peter’s Prep Marauders, wide receiver KJ Gray has certainly seen his recruitment take off in recent months. The 6-1, 190-pounder has hauled in offers from Syracuse, Boston College, Rutgers and UConn and he feels more schools could be offering soon.

This includes the Virginia Cavaliers. Over the weekend, Gray took an unofficial visit to Virginia and offered a glowing review of his time spent in Charlottesville.

“The visit was great,” Gray said. “Virginia has a beautiful campus and I had a good talk with coach (Larry) Lewis, my main recruiter. He gave me a tour around the facilities and it was great and very up to date.”

Gray, ranked the No. 24 prospect on the NJ.com Top 50 list, also had a good talk with Virginia head man Mike London.

“He was telling me how important academics are over there,” Gray said. “Coach London said academics are very important to them. We also spoke about their strong schedule. They’re willing to go out of their way to play the toughest teams.”

The Cavaliers are yet to offer Gray a scholarship, but one could come down the road, he said.

“We talked about that and they’ve been watching my film,” Gray said. “Coach London wants me to get back there for a camp later this year. We didn’t set up an exact date, but I’m planning on going back there.”

Virginia isn’t the only campus Gray will visit. The senior-to-be said he’s also planning on taking visits for a spring practice or spring game to Boston College, Temple, Penn State and Syracuse. On Feb. 21, Gray also took an unofficial visit to Maryland.

He added that he has no timetable for when he’ll be making his college decision.

“It all just depends on how my recruitment process is going,” Gray said. “I was looking to maybe make a commitment before my senior season, but if that doesn’t happen, then I’ll just do it during the season. I don’t think it will be soon.

“This isn’t just a decision for me, but also for my family as well. I want to make sure I talk everything over with my family and then we’ll decide on the best school for me to go to.”

5⃣Glizzy‏@CampaignKJG_5 31m31 minutes ago

UConn on the 28th
1f535.png
1f534.png
26aa.png
1f43a.png
Syracuse on April 4th
1f34a.png
My only confirmed visits as of right now. More to come