Class of 2023 - ATH Zion Tracy (NY/CT) Verbal to Penn St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 ATH Zion Tracy (NY/CT) Verbal to Penn St

His production doesn't jump out at you but one really sees players from NYS that can run like Tracy.

Looks like he could help us on offense, defense and/or special teams. And he has good size.

Not sure what his transcript and SAT scores look like but he is is a decent student and has good character, I think you have to take him.

His production doesn't jump out at you but one really sees players from NYS that can run like Tracy.

Looks like he could help us on offense, defense and/or special teams. And he has good size.

Not sure what his transcript and SAT scores look like but he is is a decent student and has good character, I think you have to take him.
You can’t build a foundation based on focusing on nys kids but there is nothing wrong with getting kids with d-1 attributes that have higher ceilings.

If the 40 time is accurate he has great speed. 4.3. 6’1. Goes up for 50/50 balls. Had some nice coverage skills on the video. It’s a highlight tape and unsure of the level of the competition so hard to assess.

You can’t build a foundation based on focusing on nys kids but there is nothing wrong with getting kids with d-1 attributes that have higher ceilings.
I think one of our biggest weaknesses is that we do not have WRs that can get open against press coverage (and make defenses pay for continually gambling like this against us).

Pitt, Clemson, Wake, even schools like UL, NC State and FSU have been successful doing this against us. All game long.

We have to find some WRs who can get open against press coverage. Our WRs are either not big enough, not physical enough or not fast enough to get open consistently.

Put this guy out there and defenses might be forced to defend us differently. Like what is going on with BC and Zay or UL when they had Atwell.

I just wish he was a little stronger. At least he isn't one of those 5'9, 160 pounders...

one site says 5-10 155 and a 4.6. is that old numbers?
Don't know. Have never seen him play in person.

His HUDL video says he is 6'1 180. From what I see, 6'0, 175 looks about right.

It is a good question. Players with his speed that are 5'9 are pretty easy to find. Guys that can run like that and are 6'0 and 175 are a lot harder to find (and defend; especially if they can get to 190 and retain their speed). The guys with the bigger frame are the more likely ones to get big and still be able to retain elite speed.

I suspect SU is checking him out at least in part to confirm his true height and weight.

His film doesn't make me jump out my chair but you can see some speed and explosiveness. Not sure if it will translate to Acc.

His film doesn't make me jump out my chair but you can see some speed and explosiveness. Not sure if it will translate to Acc.
With Coach West involved in the recruiting, I think he is being recruited as a DB anyway. But I could be wrong.

It seems like the best athletes end up on defense. A lot.

I was trying to see if he runs track.. get some better insights to speed if he does.
I searched his twitter but he didn't having any tweets about running track.

I searched his twitter but he didn't having any tweets about running track.
me neither. one would think a kid that fast would unless he plays another sport as well.

With Coach West involved in the recruiting, I think he is being recruited as a DB anyway. But I could be wrong.

It seems like the best athletes end up on defense. A lot.
Good points

one site says 5-10 155 and a 4.6. is that old numbers?

I'd say from the film that 5-10 155 looks pretty accurate. Maybe a little heavier but height looks about right. He looks more like a DB to me.

Nykeim could run like the wind, but was small

Nykiem was stocky and built like a brick.

I was somewhat bummed we didn't push for Jullian Lewis harder because he was a legit 6-2 195 and could get behind a defense.