Class of 2023 - ATH Zion Tracy (NY/CT) Verbal to Penn St | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 ATH Zion Tracy (NY/CT) Verbal to Penn St

His production doesn't jump out at you but one really sees players from NYS that can run like Tracy.

Looks like he could help us on offense, defense and/or special teams. And he has good size.

Not sure what his transcript and SAT scores look like but he is is a decent student and has good character, I think you have to take him.
Being interveiwed by a staff reporter for Villanova after being offered:

Villanova football offered explosive, Class of 2022 New York prospect Zion Tracy on June 29th. He has special speed - as he demonstrated running a 4.41 at Penn State’s camp. Tracy also recorded a 10.7 broad jump, 46 inch vertical jump and measured in with an 80-inch wingspan at the camp. At 5-11, 180 pounds, he gives you more than lightning in a bottle. Tracy plays for Long Island Lutheran High School (NY) and continues to impress with each visit he takes. We caught up recently and talked about his recruitment and Villanova offer for VUSports

Leader Johnson: What teams are recruiting you the most right now?

Zion Tracy: Penn State, Central Michigan, Fordham, Illinois, JMU, Wake Forest, Rutgers, Villanova, Rhode Island, Stony Brook, Temple, Lafayette, Lehigh, and Holy Cross.

HUDL: 6' 1" 180, 4.3 40, 46" VL. //

(Note: At the Combine, the former Tennessee state long jump champion had a vertical of 46 inches on the nose, the best of all time. That performance led to Sensabaugh being drafted in the fifth round by the Jaguars. Feb 24, 2021. If true, Zion is tied for the best VL at the NFL combine and he's still in high school.//)
HT WGT
247: 5' 11" 170

Rivals: 6' 1" 175

Zion Tracy: As a receiver I can fly to the ball and make amazing catches with aggressive defenses around me. I run a 4.3 and most DBs don’t so I can run past them, my routes are clean and sharp. At defensive back I can also fly to the ball and since I play receiver, I can predict the route before it’s even ran, I also have an 80-inch wingspan which impacts a lot with a 46-inch vert so those are the things that impact me on both sides of the ball.

Could not find anything about any track records or even if he runs track. It is usually a good indicator of speed as I guess he would excel at the 100 and 200 m as well as the 400m relay.

I'd like to see Coach West's notes on Zion after his visit.

Being interveiwed by a staff reporter for Villanova after being offered:

Villanova football offered explosive, Class of 2022 New York prospect Zion Tracy on June 29th. He has special speed - as he demonstrated running a 4.41 at Penn State’s camp. Tracy also recorded a 10.7 broad jump, 46 inch vertical jump and measured in with an 80-inch wingspan at the camp. At 5-11, 180 pounds, he gives you more than lightning in a bottle. Tracy plays for Long Island Lutheran High School (NY) and continues to impress with each visit he takes. We caught up recently and talked about his recruitment and Villanova offer for VUSports

Leader Johnson: What teams are recruiting you the most right now?

Zion Tracy: Penn State, Central Michigan, Fordham, Illinois, JMU, Wake Forest, Rutgers, Villanova, Rhode Island, Stony Brook, Temple, Lafayette, Lehigh, and Holy Cross.

HUDL: 6' 1" 180, 4.3 40, 46" VL. //

(Note: At the Combine, the former Tennessee state long jump champion had a vertical of 46 inches on the nose, the best of all time. That performance led to Sensabaugh being drafted in the fifth round by the Jaguars. Feb 24, 2021. If true, Zion is tied for the best VL at the NFL combine and he's still in high school.//)
HT WGT
247: 5' 11" 170

Rivals: 6' 1" 175

Zion Tracy: As a receiver I can fly to the ball and make amazing catches with aggressive defenses around me. I run a 4.3 and most DBs don’t so I can run past them, my routes are clean and sharp. At defensive back I can also fly to the ball and since I play receiver, I can predict the route before it’s even ran, I also have an 80-inch wingspan which impacts a lot with a 46-inch vert so those are the things that impact me on both sides of the ball.

Could not find anything about any track records or even if he runs track. It is usually a good indicator of speed as I guess he would excel at the 100 and 200 m as well as the 400m relay.

I'd like to see Coach West's notes on Zion after his visit.
Wingspan is wow

Rajon Rondo is 6'1 and his wingspan is 81"

If true this cat has an 80" wingspan at 5'10 and an elite vertical.

Did see this comment in this twitter about being open to play DB.
Not to put a damper on things, I have a question about Zion Tracy.

Basic stuff, your program weight may vary from your real weight.

However, my previous post on Zion with he being interviewed by a Villanova reporter quoting NFL #’s at a Penn St. camp. HT 5’ 11” HT, 180 WT, 4.41 40, 46 VL, 10.7 BJ 80” wingspan.

HUDL’s numbers are about the same with his HT increasing by 1” and his 40 at 4.3, 247 he’s 5’11” 170

Then there is NCSA Sports who has him at 5’ 10”, 155, VL 23.9, 40 4.6.

He lists RI, Stony Brook, Temple, Penn St and Pitt with the first three offering. Our coach West visited but I do not see an offer from us or the other high majors.

His tape is the same, which looks good, but it is some of the same tape for different games and some go to a basketball player?

I guess I am questioning the veracity of all the info until I see an offer.

I'm guessing that there were Buffalo coaches at the Syracuse Camp, just like Syracuse participates in other school camps.

I'm guessing that there were Buffalo coaches at the Syracuse Camp, just like Syracuse participates in other school camps.
# 11 ZION TRACY WR/CB LONG ISLAND LUTHERAN HS, BROOKVILLE, NY

I AM STILL UNDECIDED ABOUT ZIONS HT/WT, SPEED AND VJ. THEY ARE REPORTED DIFFERENTLY BY 247, HUDL, NCSA, AND HIS OWN TWEET. EXAMPLE:

HUDL - 6' 1" 180, 4.3 40, VJ 46*
NCSA - 5' 10" 155, 4.6 40, VJ 23.9
TWEET - | 6’1 | 4.3 40-yard dash |3.3 gpa NCAA ID# https://twitter.com/ziontracy11

SO IT'S A GUESS FOR ME WHICH PHYSICALS ARE TRUE/REAL. IS HE 155 OR 180? AT A D1 SCHOOL THATS A BIG DIFFERENCE.

AS LEGACY SAYS BUFFALO COACHES MUST HAVE BEEN AT OUR CAMP TODAY THERE TO OFFER HIM

HERE IS HIS INTEREST LIST AND THE SCHOOLS THAT HAVE OFFERED:

INTEREST OFFER
BUFF YES
URI YES
SB YES
TEMP YES
DEL YES
VIL YES
SU NO
PS NO
PITT NO
RU NO

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:
FAST 4.3 - 4.6 IS VERY FAST
CATCHES EVERYTHING
TACKLING FORM WELL COACHED

I HOPE HE MAKES IT TO A P5 SCHOOL SINCE IT SEEMS THAT"S WHAT HE WANTS TO DO!

*At the Combine, the former Tennessee state long jump champion had a vertical of 46 inches on the nose, the best of all time. That performance led to Sensabaugh being drafted in the fifth round by the Jaguars. Feb 24, 2021. If true, Zion is tied for the best VL at the NFL combine and he's still in high school?

Interesting Coach White offered him. Is he being offered as a DB or is this just happenstance?
Probably CB im guessing

He got an offer from Rutgers yesterday.
Did they paint a football silver to hand to prospects in the absence of a trophy?