Athlon 2019 All-ACC Preseason Selections | Syracusefan.com

Athlon 2019 All-ACC Preseason Selections

Hey athlon you can take your stinking trophy and shove it !!!!! Lol please people please don’t get high or low on pre season anything or watch list etc it’s all BS . Show me how you finish not pre or during season rankings !

Might just be my Orange goggles but I think Taj and Trill are getting a little overlooked here
No ur 100 percent correct. Bad choices by selection. They will end up near top with out a doubt.

Funny Hassan Hall is third team behind Sean Riley. Hassan decommitted from Cuse late in the recruiting process. I think he committed to UL, Cuse and UL in that order.

Confident several of our young speedsters will replace Sean without a hitch in 2020.

DeVito will end up 2nd team.

Hey athlon you can take your stinking trophy and shove it !!!!! Lol please people please don’t get high or low on pre season anything or watch list etc it’s all BS . Show me how you finish not pre or during season rankings !
Next December is a little bit of a wait, eh?

So if you go by that, in a way they're saying we have the best starting d-line in the ACC.

I hope at the end of the season we see a few more s's in the o-line section.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone from Norte Dame listed...are they not supposed to be good this year??
Hah... Only playing 5 ACC games, this year. Indeed, if they were a full member it would change all of these numbers.

No ND players on this preseason all American list. 4 Clemson. 2 Syracuse

Last edited:
Easily overlooked is how SU dominates special teams on this list. Historically having great special teams units has been absolutely critical to SU being a top 25 program. So great to see how quickly Dino improved that area.

Hah... Only playing 5 ACC games, this year. Indeed, if they were a full member it would change all of these numbers.

No ND players on this preseason all American list. 4 Clemson. 2 Syracuse
I wasn't expecting legit responses haha.

Easily overlooked is how SU dominates special teams on this list. Historically having great special teams units has been absolutely critical to SU being a top 25 program. So great to see how quickly Dino improved that area.
Yes. I think special teams is an area where major strides in a program can be made relatively easily. You can move to the top of the conference in special teams with an undersized return guy with speed and heart, a promising walk on placekicker, an undersized walk on long snapper or two and the contributions of some well coached athletic backup players.

This was done with no HS All Americans.

It is a relatively quick and relatively easy way to differentiate yourself from a lot of the other schools in your conference.

In my humble opinion, the Syracuse selections are a testament to how well the Syracuse University Football Staff, the Entire Staff has been able to recognize what they are looking for and then finely condition it and most importantly coach the players and improve their skill set. Syracuse University's Football Staff is vastly underrated. If Coach Babers stays for the long haul, this will be one hell of a stretch in program history and Syracuse University Football will be a big factor in major college football. My only wish is that Dave Boller would come back. Go Orange!!!!!!