Athlon Pre-Season Rankings (We're #27) | Syracusefan.com

Athlon Pre-Season Rankings (We're #27)

27. Syracuse

Eric Dungey is gone, but Syracuse’s offense should have no trouble scoring points behind sophomore quarterback Tommy DeVito. Coach Dino Babers has some extra firepower at his disposal with transfers Abdul Adams (running back) and Trishton Jackson (receiver) eligible for a full year in 2019.

I just added them to my list.

steve-buscemi-billy-madison.png

I think we should start top 25, yes. But, this is great, the progress and expectations have turned the corner. I bet last year we were ranked in the mid 50s. Probably jumped close to 30 spots. PROGRESS!
I know Syracuse is officially back when the Orlando Sentinel does their preseason top 130 and Syracuse makes the top 65.

Team went like 50-125 over the previous 15 seasons, had a nice 10-3 year but has graduated the quarterback who a lot of fans on this site seriously think should have his number retired immediately.

Considering the uncertainty that comes with that transition, I'd say #27 sounds more than fair. And I'm the guy who thinks Devito is going to make everyone forget about his predecessor.

I know Syracuse is officially back when the Orlando Sentinel does their preseason top 130 and Syracuse makes the top 65.

I was tempted to go find that guy on Twitter after the season and chirp him, but decided against it.

FSU underachieved last year. Having no OL didn’t help. It is difficult to imagine things would go as badly for them again this year.

Last edited:
I applied my orange tinted glasses (which requires a .5x multiplier) and rounded up off the Athlon number to come up with my pre season ranking of 14.

I don’t know why there is any such thing as a pre season anything, team , individual, watch list , heisman , etc it’s all a guess .

Fair rankings. Cali predictions will be all over the place this year with receiving/rushing leaders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom