Attendance For Purdue | Syracusefan.com

Attendance For Purdue

Bandwagon hasn’t started yet. They need to win.
LGO.

Historically it 100% hurts.
I dont know how we can say thats true. go look at attendance across the yrs
its more often the opp and the team than the time that drives attendance

games where we were favored so better chance we win and were decent
noon games 11 games we had 40K 5 times
1-1:30pm games we had 8games over 40K 3 times
3:30 games 4 games over 40k 0
6:30pm or later 9 games over 40k 5 times.

gamed where we were the dog. so probably more often playing better teams
noon games 16 games over 40k 8 times
1-1:30pm games 3 games over 40k 3 times
3:30 games 4 times over 40k 2 times
6:30 or later games 8 games 4 times

pretty obvious its over 40k about 50% of the time through those 10 yrs but the 3:30 slot actually does the worst.

when we played VT/Miami/Minn/ND/PSU/fSU/pitt/bc and we were decent we drew 40k.

several of our biggest games since 2010 were noon games as well. of the 11 since then 5 were noon games and 6 were night games and 1 was 3:30

now if we want to discuss does it matter that we draw 27k vs 30k because its noon vs 3:30 that would be also hard to show since its pretty clear we are team and opp specific.. And so is bball

pretty obvious its over 40k about 50% of the time through those 10 yrs but the 3:30 slot actually does the worst.

several of our biggest games since 2010 were noon games as well. of the 11 since then 5 were noon games and 6 were night games and 1 was 3:30

now if we want to discuss does it matter that we draw 27k vs 30k because its noon vs 3:30 that would be also hard to show since its pretty clear we are team and opp specific.. And so is bball
Now that I think about it, it’s volume that’s affected by noon vs later. That point is inarguable. Maybe you’re right about attendance. But the volume is louder the later the game is. 100%

If the dome doesn’t start to fill up I can’t help but wonder about the amount of fans that either are still scared of COVID or moved out of the area in the last few years

If the dome doesn’t start to fill up I can’t help but wonder about the amount of fans that either are still scared of COVID or moved out of the area in the last few years
there are still lots of people avoiding covid things.. its not like the numbers are really all that good its just being ignored..

I'll be that guy. What's the attendance going to look like for this weekend? I know we have people very familiar with this sort of thing on this board. Any chance we can get 40k+?

Should get to mid 30's plus of actual people in the Dome versus what's "announced". I think 40K plus actual people is still highly unlikely for Sat but a possibility for UVA.

Im
Gonna say 35,000 actual fans, lots of people I talk to who are just casual fans are going. I am playing in a big golf tourney this weekend, and lots of guys tried getting early tee time for game. My group of 8 is gonna be late unfortunately my tee time is 7:50am , should be in my seat by end of first quarter finger crossed!

Should get to mid 30's plus of actual people in the Dome versus what's "announced". I think 40K plus actual people is still highly unlikely for Sat but a possibility for UVA.
purdue is a better match up. Are you saying this because of friday night vs noon or do you think the potential for 3-0 will be a bigger draw than a 2-0 team?

purdue is a better match up. Are you saying this because of friday night vs noon or do you think the potential for 3-0 will be a bigger draw than a 2-0 team?

3-0 by far

I wish Ticketmaster would just put all the seats available on their website instead of showing one open row in the upper 300 level and a several rows of high priced seats.

Let the casual fans select whatever seats they want instead of playing games with the available tickets.

Not much movement in terms of ticket sales today. I took a photo of the Ticketmaster seating chart on Sunday and the only section that turned from dark blue to light blue today was Section 116.

I am not sure the bandwagon fans will return for Purdue. In my opinion a victory on Saturday will make the UVA game on a Friday night an “event” which the casual fans in CNY won’t miss. My prediction is a win over Purdue will result in a 45,000+ crowd against UVA.

Better match up perhaps but UVA name carries more weight being somewhat regional and a conference game. Don't think many folks in the Eastern time zone really care how good of a team Purdue is or isn't

Better match up perhaps but UVA name carries more weight being somewhat regional and a conference game. Don't think many folks in the Eastern time zone really care how good of a team Purdue is or isn't
I don’t disagree with you but Purdue is still a name people recognize. I think for the bandwagon fan it doesn’t matter if it’s Purdue or UVA, they have no real attachment to seeing either team IMO.

What SU needs to promote is the team itself. National team and individual stats, Heisman hopefuls, NFL bound players, party with Otto’s army at the dome. I think those things will build more excitement.

You have to know who each opponent was in each time slot and also what was the team like in each year. None of it is apples to apples.

Has anyone in the AD office considered the benefits of adding an RV lot to help attendance?

There is one, the one that used to be near the Dome was lost in the law school dorm addition. There really isn't any room for another.

5B00BD15-BF35-40BE-B0BC-2C657ADFB813.png
5B00BD15-BF35-40BE-B0BC-2C657ADFB813.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom