Austin lists SU | Syracusefan.com

Austin lists SU

sounds like a perfect fit for Villanova

We already offered him? Wow... I mean he is ranked somewhat low and we are targeting some very highly ranked players from his class

I recall a lanky 6-5 guard we offered before anyone else had ever heard of him, and he became a McDonald's All-American and is now a player people are expecting to become a Lottery pick.

And that little boy grew up to be...Michael Carter-Williams.

Point being, if the staff likes this kid, let's give them the benefit of the doubt. The track record over the last 10 years speaks for itself.

Point being, if the staff likes this kid, let's give them the benefit of the doubt. The track record over the last 10 years speaks for itself.

I'm all for giving them the "benefit of the doubt," but the track record is 'mixed.' And if we're just going to genuflect at the feet of the staff, what's left to talk about?

I'm all for giving them the "benefit of the doubt," but the track record is 'mixed.' And if we're just going to genuflect at the feet of the staff, what's left to talk about?

Happy Endings???

Name me one coaching staff that bats a thousand on recruits.

Point is, JB and staff know what they're doing. He would be the last one I would question when it comes to recruits.

Whether or not Thickburger has jumped the shark?
Oh, it's got a long ways to go before that happens. Personally, I'm waiting to see games on TV where there are big heads of Thickburgers in the Dome student section like Pat used to do and Thickburger signs on Gameday and stuff like that.

Actually, can you get custom made SU hoops jerseys? I would buy the Hell out of a Cuse jersey with Thickburger across the shoulders as the last name.

Oh, it's got a long ways to go before that happens. Personally, I'm waiting to see games on TV where there are big heads of Thickburgers in the Dome student section like Pat used to do and Thickburger signs on Gameday and stuff like that.

Actually, can you get custom made SU hoops jerseys? I would buy the Hell out of a Cuse jersey with Thickburger across the shoulders as the last name.
try DH gate cheap and they can put about anything on a jersy

try DH gate cheap and they can put about anything on a jersy

Do they have SU basketball jerseys on that site? I have the toughest time finding SU jerseys. Anyone got a good link to the new style jerseys, with stiched numbers?

According to "reports" we have also offered Dayshon Smith (2013: 6'1" PG) and Kahari Beaufort (2014: 6'2", SG) and ... I think we are going to be reading a lot of these during the coming weeks. If they are true than SU is tossing out a pretty wide net!! One I know we have offered is Noah Vonleh (2014: 6'7" PF) ... now he would be a nice get.

Name me one coaching staff that bats a thousand on recruits.

Point is, JB and staff know what they're doing. He would be the last one I would question when it comes to recruits.

You've missed the point. That, or you're ignoring the rest of the message to which i replied.

MCW was named as a reason to 'trust' the staff. But, for every MCW you can name, you can probably name two recruits who didn't pan out. So, for MCW, i'll take Sean Williams and Mookie Jones for $100, please. Besides that, MCW hasn't suited up yet. The acclaim is premature. [I think i'm going to like the kid. I'm just saying 'it ain't PROOF of anything,' yet.]

MY point is, yeah - i'll give them the benefit of the doubt, as it was stated above. But, i'm not conceding that they're infallible. And, because they're not "batting a thousand," we have license to discuss why we should or shouldn't want someone. If we all agreed to bow down to them, it would be a board of 'fanboys,' and that's just not interesting or intelligent.

You obviously have too much genuflecting time on your hands.

According to "reports" we have also offered Dayshon Smith (2013: 6'1" PG) and Kahari Beaufort (2014: 6'2", SG) and ... I think we are going to be reading a lot of these during the coming weeks. If they are true than SU is tossing out a pretty wide net!! One I know we have offered is Noah Vonleh (2014: 6'7" PF) ... now he would be a nice get.

Not sure about those names being offered besides Vonleh, but here goes a list of who has for 2013/14

Noel
Goodluck
Jaylen Brantley
Austin
Iverson
Tyler Roberson

Vonleh
Chris McCullough
Isaiah Whitehead

That's as far as offers go. Plenty of interest with many more players.

Not sure about those names being offered besides Vonleh, but here goes a list of who has for 2013/14

Noel
Goodluck
Jaylen Brantley
Austin
Iverson
Tyler Roberson

Vonleh
Chris McCullough
Isaiah Whitehead

That's as far as offers go. Plenty of interest with many more players.

Thank you as always Francis.

We already offered him? Wow... I mean he is ranked somewhat low and we are targeting some very highly ranked players from his class

Johnny Flynn

Why so surprising? JB has a long history of mixing in project/role player/sleeper types in with his main one or two recruits. Just because he was offered doesn't necessarily mean the staff sees star potential.

I would like to see Ennis on that offer list!

Me too :)

That's Noel with Goodluck in that new video on your blog right? There a handfull of times they both go up to block a shot together . . . . . poor kids trying to score in the paint on that duo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom