Class of 2018 - Austin Staats (ON / OCC) Attack to NLL Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Austin Staats (ON / OCC) Attack to NLL Draft

Hope he plays like his bro if he ever wears Orange.

Staats has scored 72 through 20 games. He & Jeff Teat ('16 UA AA headed to Cornell) are basically obliterating the OLA Jr A scoring records. Really interested to see how his field game has progressed in the upcoming U-19 World Games.

Staats has scored 72 through 20 games. He & Jeff Teat ('16 UA AA headed to Cornell) are basically obliterating the OLA Jr A scoring records. Really interested to see how his field game has progressed in the upcoming U-19 World Games.

Anytime a player is comparable to John Grant, they are doing something right. That is a good name to be mentioned along side of.

Austin Staats, Attack, Iroquois Nationals

U-19 All-Tournament Team

Staats was extremely effective above GLE, sweeping downhill to bury goals or, when the defense stepped up, to dish out an assist (he finished with a team-high 14 assists). Like Nanticoke, Staats showcases impressive size and physicality. His lefty outside shot is both fierce and on target.

U-19 World Games: 10 Prospects Who Impressed (IL)

Austin Staats at OCC

There will be a pair of familiar names at OCC this season. Seth Oakes’ brother Russ is at OCC, and Austin Staats — the younger brother of former OCC and Syracuse star Randy — is as well. It has been heavily speculated that Austin Staats will enter the NLL Draft, but OCC coach Chuck Wilbur said last week that he will be playing for the Lazers this season, and Staats has said the same.

Austin Staats currently has five goals and one assist through two goals in the Mann Cup.

For coach Wilbur, it’s an exciting prospect to have another Oakes and Staats on the team. “Offensively, this could be our best team since Randy Staats since Seth Oakes,” Wilbur said of the prolific 2013 pair, in an interview with IL last week.

OCC is coming off a season in which it lost the NJCAA championship to Genesee, ending a reign of seven-straight championships.

“Randy told me two years ago that Austin was better than him already. He’s got a pretty big bar he’s set here,” Wilbur said.

DI Update: Seth Oakes No Longer at Albany; Austin Staats at OCC and More Transfers

Austin Staats at OCC

There will be a pair of familiar names at OCC this season. Seth Oakes’ brother Russ is at OCC, and Austin Staats — the younger brother of former OCC and Syracuse star Randy — is as well. It has been heavily speculated that Austin Staats will enter the NLL Draft, but OCC coach Chuck Wilbur said last week that he will be playing for the Lazers this season, and Staats has said the same.

Austin Staats currently has five goals and one assist through two goals in the Mann Cup.

For coach Wilbur, it’s an exciting prospect to have another Oakes and Staats on the team. “Offensively, this could be our best team since Randy Staats since Seth Oakes,” Wilbur said of the prolific 2013 pair, in an interview with IL last week.

OCC is coming off a season in which it lost the NJCAA championship to Genesee, ending a reign of seven-straight championships.

“Randy told me two years ago that Austin was better than him already. He’s got a pretty big bar he’s set here,” Wilbur said.

DI Update: Seth Oakes No Longer at Albany; Austin Staats at OCC and More Transfers

Oakes not coming back for his Sr. year is a big blow to Albany. They already had to replace Riordan and their best midfielder.

thanks. Staats must be a big boy or that defenseman is really small. i couldn't figure how he did that with his stick, should've been pretty routine takeaway, so i paused the video, look how much bigger he is. The defensemen is trying to push Staats out and he's not even above Staats' armpit. Staats just overpowers him.

love that he's all left

thanks. Staats must be a big boy or that defenseman is really small. i couldn't figure how he did that with his stick, should've been pretty routine takeaway, so i paused the video, look how much bigger he is. The defensemen is trying to push Staats out and he's not even above Staats' armpit. Staats just overpowers him.

love that he's all left
I can't tell if it's #12 (6'0" 173) or #13 (6'4" 205). Staats is listed at 6'0" 200

Staats isn't small and is a Bull he puts his body on the line and bully's defenders to get to a shooting spot! It would be great to see Staats and Nanticoke in the NCA in future years! Larson Sundown also a great player at OCC right now !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom