Autographs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Autographs

I just went back and checked, Cb33authentics is the guy on eBay I usually buy from. Stuff is a bit expensive but the items are top quality IMO.

after the NCAA image and likeness ruling are our players charging fans for autographs ? i had heard that buddy was doing so at the mall . $25-30 or am i mistaken and they're still free for kids ? his dad is an employee and raked in countless millions from the university and yet he's on a schollie ? need more cash ?

Buddy Boeheim will hold public autograph signing at Destiny USA
So...don’t pay for his autograph. Pretty simple.

i'm saying prince buddy boeheim heir to the boeheim fortune funded by SU fans shouldn't charge a plug nickel for his autograph on anything to the very people who helped create his family's enormous wealth.
nepotisma ultima. signatura gratis . if you get my greek.
LOL

Does the basketball program have a policy about asking for autographs? For example if I wanted a signed photo of JB or a player for my son, can I request it, or do they not do that?

When my late Brother was in his final couple of years with cancer I reached out to JB through the basketball office asking if he could send an autograph. My Brother lived in suburban Syracuse, lifelong fan, his daughter and grand daughter went to SU. I sent all the pertinent information but my Brother never heard a thing.

On Friday I got a gift in the mail from by niece and grand niece: both had attended a charity function in Syracuse that was attended by the whole team. She had a poster signed for me by all the players and coaches. She said all the players were very nice. As an aside, Chaz and Symir had the best penmanship if that piece of trivia interests you. Very cool gift.

In 2003 when SU was playing MSU in a sold out Breslin Center, I reached out and was comp’d tickets by JB. I was actually just wishing the team luck and not asking for tix. JB kindly took it upon himself to leave them for me. We sat behind Gerry’s family albeit in the nosebleed section that MSU banishes opposing fans to.

So autographs and other things are possible but in my case I have no idea how to guarantee getting any of them other than sheer luck.

Does the basketball program have a policy about asking for autographs? For example if I wanted a signed photo of JB or a player for my son, can I request it, or do they not do that?

One more thing, Frozen…you can get some Cameo videos from some current and former SU players at pretty cheap prices. Not an autograph but you can get a Devo for $20-ish and some others are also very reasonable.

after the NCAA image and likeness ruling are our players charging fans for autographs ? i had heard that buddy was doing so at the mall . $25-30 or am i mistaken and they're still free for kids ? his dad is an employee and raked in countless millions from the university and yet he's on a schollie ? need more cash ?

Buddy Boeheim will hold public autograph signing at Destiny USA
That’s now how it works. A player at this level is often offered a set amount to sign autographs for a set amount of time. The person who made the offer(often a sports collectible store or dealer of some sort) then charges fans for autographs to make back the upfront money to player and hopefully(for them) a profit.

For example, I call a player and offer $1000 plus travel/meal for 3 hours. I need to sell about 45 autograph tickets at $25 to break even. Over that and I hit a profit. Sometimes, often pro players, are also given a cut of each ticket sold or each ticket sold over a certain number as well.

The idea that SU players are walking around demanding money for autos from everyone who asks from is a really big misconception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom