Available centers in the basketball portal | Syracusefan.com

Available centers in the basketball portal

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Pretty slim pickings. I clicked on most of these guys and can't even visualize them suiting up in Orange, even in a backup role. Maybe Braxton Meah, but if a guy was a backup at Fresno State and did limited things in limited minutes what would he do in the ACC. Let's get Mballa as a combo PF/Center.

Pretty slim pickings. I clicked on most of these guys and can't even visualize them suiting up in Orange, even in a backup role. Maybe Braxton Meah, but if a guy was a backup at Fresno State and did limited things in limited minutes what would he do in the ACC. Let's get Mballa as a combo PF/Center.

That's the best move.
A PF who can back up at center.

But...how come no one told me Manny Bates is in the portal?
Could there be a more important player in all of college basketball?

Mballa is in our backyard, we have plenty of experience with international kids including having Jesse as one of the most important players on the team. It may not fit the model 4 for us but that shouldn’t matter.

Also what better guy for someone like Brown to go up against in practice and develop playing with and against? Lastly, look how we utilized Guerrier. Back out the 3pt shooting some but Mballa would do well in that role.

Why arent we going after Akok Akok? I thought he was natural here from our previous involvement, and now he might go to Georgetown?
He apparently had no interest

Someone indicated his handlers ticked off our coaches during the first recruitment, hence he's persona-non-grata with our staff and a tacit "no"... Not sure if true.
Transfer portal wild west era is a bad time to hold grudges. his other look right now is Pitt. Thats like getting slapped in the face twice with him.

Osunnyi from SBU is now in

Yeah the whole holding a grudge thing, somebody mentioned that with UB guys

Get over it, that's from 2 years ago, we came back and won anyways, if you dont like antics, dont let them score and win. Forget about the past, accumulate talent and go out and win with it.

love me sexy

CGrGfxzWgAAzKFa.jpg-large.jpeg

Someone indicated his handlers pissed off our coaches during the first recruitment, hence he's persona-non-grata with our staff and a tacit "no"... Not sure if true.
I did speak with him personally and he was not thrilled with Cuse either

Keion brooks out of Kentucky might be a good option to chase as a PF/emergency center. I doubt he has interest but he could be a starter at the 4 come next year.

Edit: I guess I took his height as a guide, seems like he played the 3 more than the 4, point remains though we need a forward lol

Carey is a scholarship player we should not offer him if we don't think he can handle some minutes at the 5.

Obviously the 2-3 zone requires a big and if anything happened to Jesse we'd be in trouble were we not to change out D. But noone good is going to transfer to sit behind Jesse especially if they don't think JB will play them on the wing. Frank didn't get any meaningful run until Edwards went down and he was a good player why would a transfer view the situation differently?

Keion brooks out of Kentucky might be a good option to chase as a PF/emergency center. I doubt he has interest but he could be a starter at the 4 come next year.

Edit: I guess I took his height as a guide, seems like he played the 3 more than the 4, point remains though we need a forward lol

Carey is a scholarship player we should not offer him if we don't think he can handle some minutes at the 5.

Obviously the 2-3 zone requires a big and if anything happened to Jesse we'd be in trouble were we not to change out D. But noone good is going to transfer to sit behind Jesse especially if they don't think JB will play them on the wing. Frank didn't get any meaningful run until Edwards went down and he was a good player why would a transfer view the situation differently?
Frank got meaningful minutes before Jesse’s injury. He was the main backup center—and basically only a freshman.

Apparently JB said at his Gala yesterday that nothing is missing from next year's group, and "I'm happy with what we have, it's a good group."

I thought for sure they were still looking for a backup Center, but it appears that ship may have sailed.

link: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim talks about Benny Williams’ return, Frank Anselem, Cole Swider, more
According to Jim, the team is basically set. An extreme gamble by Jim following a sub-.500 year not adding experience or proven talent. This year will be a fascinating measurement in the staff's ability to evaluate talent, which has been brought to question in recent years. Can at least 3 of the freshmen (majority of which ranked outside the top 100) play a major role like what will be needed? Did Benny just need a year of development or is the ability just not there?

If the results aren't there, will he accept the responsibility of not adding a portal transfer?

Results to these major questions will come and Jim will be left to answer (or deflect, more likely.)

Apparently JB said at his Gala yesterday that nothing is missing from next year's group, and "I'm happy with what we have, it's a good group."

I thought for sure they were still looking for a backup Center, but it appears that ship may have sailed.

link: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim talks about Benny Williams’ return, Frank Anselem, Cole Swider, more
Like the OP said, the pickings are slim. Not even Ballard was willing to come here and play 5-10 minutes a game. And JB doesn’t want a hybrid player who will also play forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom