Avengers Endgame - official thread

4evaOrange

Anna Kendricks boyfriend.
I’m so damn ready for this. Waited so long for this to come.
Will be seeing it Thursday night at 615 at destiny with some work friends.

Also at 7 on Friday at shoppingtown.

This will be the movie event of a lifetime, with the reviews already coming in.

So my question to all of you is where are you seeing it and when?
And of course let’s make this the official Endgame thread.

creatorsgame

All American
So my question to all of you is where are you seeing it and when?
And of course let’s make this the official Endgame thread.
If we can get tix, Friday matinee at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Raleigh. Haven’t attempted to purchase yet, more than likely at my peril. We will see.

Good food, amazing beer selection, and what should be an epic cinematic experience.

Can’t wait.

creatorsgame

All American
I got advance screening a client of our firm is the parent company Regal theaters.
So I am seeing the movie at 7. Everyone in the theater has to give their cellphone up to enter.
That’s awesome. Enjoy!

RF2044

Living Legend
I got advance screening a client of our firm is the parent company Regal theaters.
So I am seeing the movie at 7. Everyone in the theater has to give their cellphone up to enter.

Enjoy!

And NO SPOILERS.

Alsacs

I know that I know nothing. Too bad though
The movie was amazing and all I will say is I can’t believe how they got everything crammed in this movie.
My predictions for this movie were all wrong.
The story was well done. They paid respect to the history of the MCU and really rewarded people who have seen the previous movies.

4evaOrange

The movie was amazing and all I will say is I can’t believe how they got everything crammed in this movie.
My predictions for this movie were all wrong.
The story was well done. They paid respect to the history of the MCU and really rewarded people who have seen the previous movies.
I wonder if all my predictions are gonna be wrong...

I’ve talked it over for months now on what I think is gonna happen.

Mid credit and post credit? That’s all I’m gonna ask and I don’t wanna know anything about it or what it does.

Alsacs

I wonder if all my predictions are gonna be wrong...

I’ve talked it over for months now on what I think is gonna happen.

Mid credit and post credit? That’s all I’m gonna ask and I don’t wanna know anything about it or what it does.
There are 3 post credit scenes at the end.
2 of them are really cool.
First one is sad.
Second one is really cool.
Third one is basically a good bye to this current run and teasing something that will blow minds IMO.

All I will say is the storyline I predicted was way off.
Not going to say anything specific.
It was cool and the movie had a lot of storylines wrapped up in it.
It was way better than Star Wars.

4evaOrange

First one is sad.
Third one is basically a good bye to this current run and teasing something that will blow minds IMO.

O man. These reactions coming in got me shook.
Heard it makes me laugh,yell, scream, cheer, and cry.
This is going to make me hurt.

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
First one is sad.

I was totally not expecting anything I saw. TONS of stuff going on but you can follow it. Might be the best in the series.

Alsacs

I was totally not expecting anything I saw. TONS of stuff going on but you can follow it. Might be the best in the series.
I had an idea the person who was going to important just because of how the clip at the end of that movie teased it but I didn’t expect what to happen to happen.
The ending was cool and basically allows them to follow the comic arc for that series in the movies down the road.

That last credit was awesome.
Only I was sad about and this isn’t a real spoiler so I will say it I wanted Deadpool to have a comedic cameo but it didn’t happen .

RF2044

Living Legend
First one is sad.

It will be disappointing to see this "era" of films come to an end, if that's what indeed happens. Marvel has really knocked it out of the park, relative to both DC and Star Wars.

Going back to the beginning [Iron Man], most of the Marvel movies have been terrific. For example, I thought the first Captain America was great. Then, the Winter Solider was even better. And then Civil War was even BETTER. Same with the Avengers movies.

And many of the other ones -- Black Panther, both Ant-Man flicks, etc. have been exceptional.

In all, there have really only been a couple of these Marvel films that aren't terrific -- Thor, Iron Man 3, off the top of my head. But even those were enjoyable / entertaining -- more mediocre than negatively subpar.

Very interested to see where they will take things now that this core cast is probably heading off in other directions.

Glad to see that this movie lived up to the hype, based upon your "review" -- sound epic, which is fitting for this terrific Avengers franchise.

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
First one is sad.

End.credit scenes? None at my screening...what did you see?

Alsacs

I confused the end credit scenes with the end scenes of the film. I messed up.

4evaOrange

Yeah I was so confused when he said there were 3.
Lol

Everyone stuck around waiting and when nothing happened there were some groans and some laughs but it was fine the movie was great enough.

4evaOrange

But I’ll give my entire spoiler review right now.

You’ve been warned, do not click if you don’t want spoilers.

So let’s start here first...long movie though it did go fast...I assume the movie just like started like boom started...opening scene I called it showing Hawkeyes family getting snapped.
The reunion between the team was short but I expected only a couple people to bring tony back, that being Cap Marvel or Thor or some random. The reunion itself was short and quick seeing them together was something awesome.

The trip to space to go after Thanos was something else and how they just were on him quick and then when Thor took his head off was not expected but totally badass.
And then we get the time jump that was talked about for a while.

And ant man comes back and is brought into a world that he has no clue to what happened. And seeing his daughter grown up was touching and sad, we didn’t see the rest of his family so I assume they got snapped.

Tonys new life with pepper and their daughter was nice to see and to see tony settle down, the quick hint at rescue was a little shocking that it was revealed that quick even tho it got leaked months ago. His coldness towards cap was it expected or you can call it his blame.

Clint’s transformation into ronin was badass. Taking out gangs left and right and with what looked like ease.

New Asgard and Thor...I mean the dude, was hilarious, great seeing meeg and Korg along with valkeyri.

Professor hulk was cool, tho I did miss crazy hulk, he did have some funny lines.

The time travel bits were what I expected them to go and get the stones and have teams that go after them and at certain times, all those cameos and flashbacks were amazing and fun even if they were 30 seconds to a minute.
The Peggy scene was heartbreaking for steve.

I didn’t see the nebula switch coming tho I expected her to have a decent size role in this due to the comics.

The death of black widow was not a death I was expecting at all. Took me by shock honestly.

The returns of past Thanos and his army was bad ass and the snap by hulk was what was rumored and the initial attack from Thanos army was crazy. And with Thor wielding the hammer and storm breaker was bad ass, glad they kept him out of shape. Cap and Tony giving them all they could handle was awesome, the marvel trinity.

And when Steve takes the hammer and goes to town on Thanos was nuts the theatre erupted into chaos but he got beaten down pretty quickly afterward. And when all looked lost he got the radio call from Sam and all hell broke loose, when all the character show up with wakanda and Asgard and hero’s and everyone was just intestines, wish they fight lasted longer to see more of the team ups.
I mean the entire fight got rousing cheer from our crowd.
Which brings me to tonys death. I expected death, but not tonys, I expected it to be cap and Thor and maybe someone else.
Tonys funeral was sad as hell, but to see all the hero’s come together was nice.
Caps farewell and assumed death at some near future is a sad way to go out but for him to have gone back in time and got to have a life with Peggy was what I think everyone wanted and so glad to have gotten it.
Thor’s new adventure is gonna be interesting to see where it takes him and if he stays on and does Thor 4 or does a movie with the guardians.

In all have a few shocks obv Nat dying was a shock, tonys yes but not overly shocking.
Not getting vision back was surprising.
Knowing that what I assume is evil Loki is still out there somewhere.
Kinda thought maybe quicksilver would get revived.

On to the mid credit and post credit, obv. Nothing there, was expecting at least either a mid credit or post credit teasing something, whether it be a hero or villain but we shall see where Spider-Man takes us.

And surprised we didn’t get any new hero’s introduced thought maybe nova, gladiator, BRB, Quaser, or Adam Warlock would be introduced but nope, and no new villain teased, guess marvel will let it build. Thinking maybe Kang ( but with this time travel movie it may be hard), Galactus, Korvac, annihlus, or maybe an abstract though I know there are plenty of ways for marvel to go.
And knowing that F4 and X-men are home will be fun.

Sure I missed some stuff but I’m seeing it again tomorrow night as well.

JackBauer44

2018 Cali Winner: Receiving Yards
I’m excited to see this Monday. Question for those who have seen it.

Any marvel movies you feel like are good ones to watch over the weekend that will help enhance the endgame watching experience? I have seen all the marvel films, but it’s been a while. Would love to sit down and watch some ones that could be important to Endgame. Just finished watching Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Ant Man/Wasp. TIA!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom