Avengers Endgame - official thread

RF2044

Living Legend
Silly questions, as a big fan, but not an overly educated comic expert:
regarding your theory about MJ...I just assumed she’s a modern day version of Mary Jane. Was there any comic story that would put her in a spot to become a super hero?
At the end when cap hands off the shield to Falcon, is there any comic ties to this? I ask because I think I remember there at one time being a black captain America in the comics after Steve Rogers? I may be wrong.
Note: apparently they have announced a winter soldier and falcon series?
And lastly: I can’t decide if Evangeline lily is hotter as Wasp or Kate on Lost.
Yes, there's a comic story arc where the Falcon becomes Captain America, dons a red / white / blue variant of his Falcon costume, and wields the shield.

4evaOrange

Anna Kendricks boyfriend.
There are some times she does I had never heard of them just a quick google search but I wouldn’t expect it anytime soon.
Silly questions, as a big fan, but not an overly educated comic expert:
regarding your theory about MJ...I just assumed she’s a modern day version of Mary Jane. Was there any comic story that would put her in a spot to become a super hero?
At the end when cap hands off the shield to Falcon, is there any comic ties to this? I ask because I think I remember there at one time being a black captain America in the comics after Steve Rogers? I may be wrong.
Note: apparently they have announced a winter soldier and falcon series?
And lastly: I can’t decide if Evangeline lily is hotter as Wasp or Kate on Lost.

All good questions...

Never read on that topic but apparently it has been a part at some points though I wouldn’t expect it.

Yes to question 2. I am expecting that just don’t know to what extent it will happen.
The tv series will be interesting as to the time line.

And lastly I’m not sure but I do like what I’m seeing.

RF2044

Living Legend
So, I finally had a chance to see it over the weekend. Not sure that I've ever seen a movie like that -- they certainly swung for the fences.

Lots of things I could nit pick, but my main "complaint" [if you can even call it that] is that I'm not nearly as excited about the fourth stage of films. Will Marvel be able to sustain the excellence focusing on more obscure characters?

upperdeck

Living Legend
they really churned the vast majority of the routine chars. will the ones they go with no have the same charisma on the screen? Dr Strange was solid, Blank Panther was vastly over done I thought. Spidy has been fine. if the GotG rumors are true that could be interesting. not sure how the TV thing works out. really hope they do the F4 as rumored. daredevil was always a favorite that might get back in and make sense

lummgr

All Conference
Are they ever gonna make a gambit flick? I thought Channing Tatum was picked for that but haven’t heard anything else.
Dark Phoenix does look good.

4evaOrange

Are they ever gonna make a gambit flick? I thought Channing Tatum was picked for that but haven’t heard anything else.
Dark Phoenix does look good.
Gambit keeps getting pushed back and dark Phoenix has potential to be good but it’s undergone a lot of reshoots so there were some issues. And obv not attached to the mcu

4evaOrange

So, I finally had a chance to see it over the weekend. Not sure that I've ever seen a movie like that -- they certainly swung for the fences.

Lots of things I could nit pick, but my main "complaint" [if you can even call it that] is that I'm not nearly as excited about the fourth stage of films. Will Marvel be able to sustain the excellence focusing on more obscure characters?
That’s something I talked about with a couple of my co workers and I look at it this way. Doctor strange, black panther, captain marvel, Spider-Man, GotG, black widow, antman and wasp are getting sequels or getting their 3rd films I assume in the next phase.
They have all been recurved well enough to carry into the next phase to which won’t introduce a ton of new characters because they have these ones to carry them on, Will we see some lower number at the box office? I wouldn’t be surprised but we also have more supporting character like Bucky, falcon, war machine, hulk, scarlet witch and vison that can jump into movies as well and add star power. So they can be carried with the help of that as well.
And for the new movies that we know of that The Eternals and Shang Chi which I know next to nothing about, but with the right cast and writers and directors and with it being connected to the mcu it should work. Won’t see a billion though I’d say but marvel has a formula and it’s working so I don’t think it’ll fail and in the long run they already know what they wanna do for the next 10 years probably so everything they are announcing it’s being announced for a reason and will play a part in the next big avengers movie, which they have a ton of villains to chose from now with F4 and X-men back.

And if they wanna announce moon knight, namor, black knight, captain Britain, Sentry, nova, BEta ray bill, silver surfer and more of the cosmic characters and they can also dive back into throes defenders characters in a couple years as well. So they have stuff they can produce and I think they can get people to go and see them. Marvels done a great job and getting people to see these movies.

Would die for an annihilators movie gotta be honest that would be amazing.

upperdeck

Living Legend
part of me wishes they figured out a way to do so more retro stories where the villins dont need to be so super powerful and the heroes can be less super human as well.. one of the charms of Cap is the person not the power and now that someone crazy powerful like captain marvel is running around and super techy is winning the villin needs to be so big its makes it feel like they have to take the story off earth.

if you set some of these back in time 40-60s you can do a whole timeline of stories with the less crazy super heroes in their imventory and not effect the rest of what has happened and dont need a thanos type bad guy

creatorsgame

Golden Arms
Looks like this is going to be rereleased with extra footage.

Trying to dethrone Avatar as highest grossing.

4evaOrange

Looks like this is going to be rereleased with extra footage.

Trying to dethrone Avatar as highest grossing.
Gonna include a post credits and I think something else small.

Gonna be interesting to see what it can do leading up to Spider-Man far from home. And if people go see it again before Spider-Man.

Top Bottom