Axe Interviews Babers | Syracusefan.com

Axe Interviews Babers

Babers love Devito.
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion from the podcast.

If anything, I think HCDB is attempting to lower expectations to take pressure of TD. His comments also diffuse any potential QB controversies real or contrived.

The interview made it clear to me that this is ED's team as long as he stays healthy.

The interview made it clear to me that this is ED's team as long as he stays healthy.
Of course. Dungey is going to be one of the top 6-8 QBs in college ball this fall.
No matter how buoyant one is about DeVito, he is NOT even a top 20 college quarterback at this time.
He'll be a good one, perhaps better than Dungey someday, but assuming equal health, this is Dungey's year.

He definitely is still concerned about depth but only in a few position groups. Seems to be really happy with the starting DL.

His comments also diffuse any potential QB controversies real or contrived.

This. Absolutely.

And Dino definitely loves his DL

If anything, I think HCDB is attempting to lower expectations to take pressure of TD. His comments also diffuse any potential QB controversies real or contrived.

“As long as he stays healthy.”

Based on what? The kid is a warrior and the system can pile on yards but his passing and decision making isn’t at that level

Love Dungey the warrior, the college QB, the face of the program, and the team's physical and inspirational leader.

But... his 54% (from memory) completion percentage away from the Dome is hard to ignore.

Based on what? The kid is a warrior and the system can pile on yards but his passing and decision making isn’t at that level
I disagree a bit... Although, it is always a crap-shoot to rank over 100 QB's succinctly.

The system is predicated on making the right throws effectively and efficiently. Now, it's trained and beat into the player through 1,000's of repetitions, but the throws he's making are all the routes and combos that he'll throw at any level.

He's trained to make the correct decision by one or two read keys. It's basically what every team in the country is doing to some extent.

Now, does he have top-5 arm talent in the country? Probably not. It's fine to get the job done by a large margin though.

Decision making, I think the difference between most of these guys countrywide is negligible, it's all what you're taught to some degree. I mean I'm far from sold that any QB being talked about at the top of this draft has superior decision making ability.

I disagree a bit... Although, it is always a crap-shoot to rank over 100 QB's succinctly.

The system is predicated on making the right throws effectively and efficiently. Now, it's trained and beat into the player through 1,000's of repetitions, but the throws he's making are all the routes and combos that he'll throw at any level.

He's trained to make the correct decision by one or two read keys. It's basically what every team in the country is doing to some extent.

Now, does he have top-5 arm talent in the country? Probably not. It's fine to get the job done by a large margin though.

Decision making, I think the difference between most of these guys countrywide is negligible, it's all what you're taught to some degree. I mean I'm far from sold that any QB being talked about at the top of this draft has superior decision making ability.

You can't turn the ball over like he did last year and be considered a top 10 QB.

Hilarious that at the end of last year, some people thought Dungey wouldn't be the starter this year. No idea how you can come even close to thinking that [this assumes variables like health are all equal between all, of course].

He certainly did love to throw opening drive picks last year.

It was all psychological. Lure your opponent into a false sense of security. Brilliantly executed, except for the person who stepped on his foot in the FSU game. That person is a jerk (hope it wasn't someone on our team).

You can't turn the ball over like he did last year and be considered a top 10 QB.

Are we predicting that stat to stay the same? I'm starting to believe the hype about our OL. With a running game and less pressure - I'd bet he forces the ball less, and the offense runs as intended.

He's be top 3 in the conference (if healthy) = top 10 in the nation, usually.

Dungey best be a top 10 QB because my boy Tommy "Touchdown" Devito is coming for his spot.

Dungey best be a top 10 QB because my boy Tommy "Touchdown" Devito is coming for his spot.

I called him Danny Devito again in a conservation yesterday. The person I was talking to expressed hope that Danny wouldn't be our next quarterback.

upload_2018-4-18_0-7-33.png

Any advice on getting over this tendency?

He definitely is still concerned about depth but only in a few position groups. Seems to be really happy with the starting DL.

Yes, it feels like the roster is really starting to turn the corner. I think one more year and we will be in pretty solid shape. This year we have to make a bowl, but in 2019, we could win 8 or 9 games and have the best team we've had in a decade.

Dungeys not losing his job.

He's not just a terrific player; he's a spiritual leader of this team. Kid is tough as nails and leaves his guts out there. Seems from afar that his teammates love him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom