B1G 10 Expansion... | Syracusefan.com

B1G 10 Expansion...

Pete Calvin, SO nice to see people here are ready for the ACC. We can't wait to have you. Football looked great the last few weeks. And hoops will be amazing. I hope it all stays together because it will be a great league in the long run if we can keep it together. I'm not happy about Maryland leaving, but Louisville has better sports so it might be just fine.

Anyway. PLEASE beat the Inbreds at Yankee Stadium. I really find The Dude and all those venomous haters quite disturbing.

Pete Calvin, SO nice to see people here are ready for the ACC. We can't wait to have you. Football looked great the last few weeks. And hoops will be amazing. I hope it all stays together because it will be a great league in the long run if we can keep it together. I'm not happy about Maryland leaving, but Louisville has better sports so it might be just fine.

Anyway. PLEASE beat the Inbreds at Yankee Stadium. I really find The Dude and all those venomous haters quite disturbing.
We like beating WV and are getting quite good at it. You guys hired a great coach and have a lot of great football in your future.

Beat Duke!!!

Speaking of the Big Ten expansion, weren't Kansas, GATech, UVA, UNC, Syracuse, Pitt, UConn, and Miami supposed to announce that they would be joining the B1G? Maybe the Rutgers addition has the B1G expansion committee overwhelmed, left wondering how they can even come close to that.

Too bad Georgetown doesn't play FBS football. UNC/Duke and SU/GTown in the same conference would have been the tits.

The basketball onlies are going to have a tough road ahead.

B1G moves are motivated by Fox/Murdock sports empire's attempt at dismantling ESPNs lock on college sports especially in the NE corridor. ESPN essentially got outFOXed by the latest BTN expansion. I think BTN future plans are Kansas & UConn but also in play are Syracuse, BC & UVA. Going any further south doesn't seem to fit the mold of a "northern" based super conference.

1. UVA-Kansas
2. Kansas-UConn
3. UConn-Syracuse-BC-UVA

First 2 makes a 4 team region rivalries (potential). However #3 makes for an East-West conference. Eastern conference would be Mich, Mich St, Ohio St, Ped St, Maryland, Rutgers and 2 of 4 universities remaining for 8 team B1G East.

B1G moves are motivated by Fox/Murdock sports empire's attempt at dismantling ESPNs lock on college sports especially in the NE corridor. ESPN essentially got outFOXed by the latest BTN expansion. I think BTN future plans are Kansas & UConn but also in play are Syracuse, BC & UVA. Going any further south doesn't seem to fit the mold of a "northern" conference.
The B1G is more than welcome to take UConn & Kansas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom