BABERS ON RECRUITING: ‘WE HAVE SOMETHING THAT’S VERY UNIQUE’ | Syracusefan.com

BABERS ON RECRUITING: ‘WE HAVE SOMETHING THAT’S VERY UNIQUE’

StanCuse44

Scout Team
Aside from also having a rich tradition that Syracuse has that many recruits these days don’t remember, Babers and the Orange have something that no other football program in the ACC has.

“If you want to play in a dome and win a national championship in a dome, you have to come to Syracuse,” Babers said. “I think by selling that we have something that is very unique to us and hopefully a lot of recruits will think the same way.”

Babers on recruiting: 'We have something that's very unique' - ACCSports.com

Perfect hire. For years a bunch of us have been saying things like this, that these things matter and we were shooting ourselves in the foot by not taking advantage of them.

We're leaving the dark ages behind, sports fans.

raw

Along those lines...

Why don't the best Qbs and kickers/punters in the nation want to come here and play no less than 6 games a season to almost "pad" their stats with a controlled environment? I would think they would want to.

Along those lines...

Why don't the best Qbs and kickers/punters in the nation want to come here and play no less than 6 games a season to almost "pad" their stats with a controlled environment? I would think they would want to.
Could you please stick to Ot stuff on this board.

lummgr said:
Along those lines...

Now that we have an offense, you would think any offensive player, particularly any skill player would want to play here. Punters might want to go somewhere where they will get more work.

Now that we have an offense, you would think any offensive player, particularly any skill player would want to play here. Punters might want to go somewhere where they will get more work.

Agree 100%. We've already begun to see a talent upgrade at a couple of key positions on "O." Just imagine what will happen after prospective recruits see the offense Babers is going to implement.

Agree 100%. We've already begun to see a talent upgrade at a couple of key positions on "O." Just imagine what will happen after prospective recruits see the offense Babers is going to implement.

The key is building the o-lines and d-lines, you have to be strong up front, if we can do that, and get some more skill players, we are going to be set.

You know what makes Babers a good recruiter? He's a great guy with a magnetic personality (see ACC media day). And he's also sold on Syracuse. The guy believes. He believes in the academics, the tradition and the potential for the future with the Dome. The facility is a huge advantage in college .. once it's modernized, it'll have a professional feel, as many pro teams play in domed stadiums. By eliminating bad weather, the misery factor is gone. The game is faster, and our offense will be one of the fastest in the country. There's more passing, more scoring ... and it'll be more fun to watch. I'm not surprised our recruiting has up-ticked.

God I hope he's long term..

As of this second, I don't care if he's long term. I care if he re-establishes the program. Win, win with some fare and savvy on offense and I'll totally deal with the consequences of him getting lured by a $5mm/year gig in his late 50s.

Everyone wins if the football team starts winning 9ish games a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom