Back from NOLA and HS AA Game - Noel | Syracusefan.com

Back from NOLA and HS AA Game - Noel

O

Orange&Blue44

Just want to say that the interaction between DC2, Jerami Grant and Noel seemed positive as they hung with each other alot pregame, on the bench while on the floor and in the stands after their game was over. The arena where the AA game was held was pathetically empty, and after hitting the showers DC2 came out and sat by himself in the stands. a little later, noel came out and sat near DC2 when he could have sat anywhere in the practically empty arena. Jerami was up there with them for a while too.

Not saying all this means we get noel ... just appeared very positive as my brother noted.

I'll repeat what I posted from NOLA about meeting Dave Telep, Senior Recruiting Analyst ESPN.Com at the HS AA Game. As soon as my brother and I entered the arena and found our seats, Dave came up and introduced himself , and asked if we brought flat tops and if we were going to wear them. We told him Yes and He said you guys are crazy. LOL. I told him we would do anything to help get Nerlens Noel. Dave is a nice guy and it was a pleasure to meet him. Afterwards it occured to me the only way he could know about the flat tops was that Dave Telep reads this board, as I had posted here about what we were going to do...

NOLA was Great ! I was last there in 1987 for the Sugar Bowl. Met many SU fans, ( 100 +) and Heard alot of 'CUUUUSE !!! as we walked Bourbon St. dressed in Orange, drinks in hand : ) Very few rude or nasty comments from other teams fans ( I heard 3 all the time we were there ) ALOT of positive comments, like "You guys should be here." I read all that as RESPECT FOR SU.
We got a Quality B'Ball Program and the whole damn country knows it!

All good to hear. On a side note, Telep wouldn't have had to read the forums to know of the flat tops since many fans wore them during games. More power to him if he does though.

Just want to say that the interaction between DC2, Jerami Grant and Noel seemed positive as they hung with each other alot pregame, on the bench while on the floor and in the stands after their game was over. The arena where the AA game was held was pathetically empty, and after hitting the showers DC2 came out and sat by himself in the stands. a little later, noel came out and sat near DC2 when he could have sat anywhere in the practically empty arena. Jerami was up there with them for a while too.

Not saying all this means we get noel ... just appeared very positive as my brother noted.

I'll repeat what I posted from NOLA about meeting Dave Telep, Senior Recruiting Analyst ESPN.Com at the HS AA Game. As soon as my brother and I entered the arena and found our seats, Dave came up and introduced himself , and asked if we brought flat tops and if we were going to wear them. We told him Yes and He said you guys are crazy. LOL. I told him we would do anything to help get Nerlens Noel. Dave is a nice guy and it was a pleasure to meet him. Afterwards it occured to me the only way he could know about the flat tops was that Dave Telep reads this board, as I had posted here about what we were going to do...

NOLA was Great ! I was last there in 1987 for the Sugar Bowl. Met many SU fans, ( 100 +) and Heard alot of 'CUUUUSE !!! as we walked Bourbon St. dressed in Orange, drinks in hand : ) Very few rude or nasty comments from other teams fans ( I heard 3 all the time we were there ) ALOT of positive comments, like "You guys should be here." I read all that as RESPECT FOR SU.
A great job by you, if you were the two guys that they showed and talked about during the broadcast. Lots of Syracuse love during that game. It didn't surprise me that hardly anyone was at that game, but there was some great talent there. Glad you got to see it first hand.

Pleased you enjoyed..and thank you for sharing. Good post and much appreciated!

Thanks OrangeBlue.

If that doesn't give you goosebumps nothing will.

Telep gets his recruiting info from BERNIEFEVERCUSE

I made the trip down to NOLA also for a few days and concur that, to my surprise, there were a ton of Cuse fans around. And not one negative comment. Sad to say, we represented almost as well as Ohio St who brought very few people. Louisville was the most enthusiastic and rivaled the Kentucky faction in size (both had good amounts but Louisville fans had a more vocal presence on Bourbon). Kansas had a good amount Too. Was a fun weekend as always down there but as other fans partied, I kept thinking what might have been.

the flat tops was that Dave Telep reads this board, as I had posted here about what we were going to do...

I guess I can trust his sources now.

A great job by you, if you were the two guys that they showed and talked about during the broadcast. Lots of Syracuse love during that game. It didn't surprise me that hardly anyone was at that game, but there was some great talent there. Glad you got to see it first hand.
maybe they should play game before semis?

Saw you guys, showed the tape to my wife she didn't get it. :rolleyes:

AlYzAbNCEAAlmNE.jpg

Maybe we should fix you up with these gals

IMG00020-20120211-1205.jpg

Nerlens has to be feeling the love

9577f4fd-864c-bca2.jpg

The Cuse Nation at it's best

SkyWalker_large_large.jpg

Even Kenny Walker is a Noel fan

I never would've guessed that you two were brothers. You don't look anything alike.

Attached is a photo of the future back line of the zone for you dreamers out there. I don't know why it rotated or how to fix it. BTW- a slightly wider angle shot would've shown you with your flat top.

It was great seeing all of the orange in NOLA. Curious if anyone met any Kentucky fans who were not drunk and obnoxious?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 99

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online