Balt Sun Premature Men’s LAX Rankings for 2019 | Syracusefan.com

Balt Sun Premature Men’s LAX Rankings for 2019

Wow! It's amazing that losing Fields will cost Albany that much! {insert eyes bugging out of head emoji here}

They also lose Colarusso, McClancy, and the Reh's.

Wow! It's amazing that losing Fields will cost Albany that much! {insert eyes bugging out of head emoji here}

LOL. In all seriousness they lose a ton to graduation this year which is why I thought this was by far their best chance to get to the final our and or a Champ game appearance under Marr and might have been for the forseable future. They lost Fields, Reh, their best midfielder, Colarusso (who didn't look great down the stretch), all 3 LSM's who played, and their 2 best close defenders. If Laxsummit is right about Ierlan (I don't see it personally but crazy things happen) they may struggle to win the AE less make a return to Champ Weekend. Assuming Ierlan is back he makes them a top 10 team but they have a lot of questions. Offensively they still have some real nice weapons and a few more coming in but that defense is in a world of hurt and I don't see anyone on offense who can be that QB or X type of attackmen. Nanticoke sure as hell aint it and if Albany fans really think Diamond Davis or whatever his name is, is the answer there in for a rude awakening.

They also lose Colarusso, McClancy, and the Reh's.
Another case of "This year or maybe never"? Wow! Looks like a total rebuild for them. Nanticoke is going to carry a heavy portion of the offense.

Another case of "This year or maybe never"? Wow! Looks like a total rebuild for them. Nanticoke is going to carry a heavy portion of the offense.

I wouldn't call it a total rebuild but I think it was definitely now or not anytime soon for them winning a title. Albany's problem is that while Marr has been able to put together an offense when combined with Ierlan that can win a title (he's done a great job no doubt), there lacking defensively and depth wise. You saw it against Yale twice, Yale was bigger, stronger, faster and had way way more depth. Albany's two way middies got abused by Yale, Syracuse has done the same thing since the Thompson era started but we do it from the midfield, Yale did it to get Gaudet looks. Now ALbany has to replace 3 of its starting 4 poles including Stone Sims who was by far their best close defender and re-work an offense as Nanticoke is not a Lyle or Fields, he can't be the main initiator.

I wouldn't call it a total rebuild but I think it was definitely now or not anytime soon for them winning a title. Albany's problem is that while Marr has been able to put together an offense when combined with Ierlan that can win a title (he's done a great job no doubt), there lacking defensively and depth wise. You saw it against Yale twice, Yale was bigger, stronger, faster and had way way more depth. Albany's two way middies got abused by Yale, Syracuse has done the same thing since the Thompson era started but we do it from the midfield, Yale did it to get Gaudet looks. Now ALbany has to replace 3 of its starting 4 poles including Stone Sims who was by far their best close defender and re-work an offense as Nanticoke is not a Lyle or Fields, he can't be the main initiator.
They are not as thin as you think. Guessing they slide the Patterson kid back to attack and wouldn't be surprised to see the McComber kid start as a freshman (he looked great last night in the National semifinal game against Bullis on ESPNU)...as did the kid going to Cornell who was the best player on the field.

Ierlan isn't going anywhere - that's just nonsense talk.

I think they will continue to have defensive match up problems at the midfield and replacing the LSM Reh is going to be a challenge. I'd be surprised if they were't a top 10 team again next year.

they lose lose 11 seniors total but Colarusso as well as the Reh brothers. I think Troy Reh was one of the top LSMs anywhere. 3 of their top 6 scores - McClancey and Justin Reh.

I think #18 is a little low. I'll peg them between 10-15 but Tahoke has to grow up.

They are not as thin as you think. Guessing they slide the Patterson kid back to attack and wouldn't be surprised to see the McComber kid start as a freshman (he looked great last night in the National semifinal game against Bullis on ESPNU)...as did the kid going to Cornell who was the best player on the field.

I think they will continue to have defensive match up problems at the midfield and replacing the LSM Reh is going to be a challenge. I'd be surprised if they were't a top 10 team again next year.

Perhaps, just pray that it is orange and not red if not purple

Oh I certainly don't think there thin at all, just that they lost a lot to graduation and we saw how much they struggled at times without Fields on the field. I still think they will have plenty of offensive weapons. not to mention the best faceoff guy in the country. Patterson is a natural attackmen so you assume they will go with Patterson, Nanticoke and either McComber or Diamond at attack and that Casey who I think barely played this year as a frosh will go to the 1st midline with Eccles and someone else. TO me the bigger issue is on defense and getting a QB type that can harness the weapons that Patterson, Nanticoke and Eccles can be when someone is feeding them the ball. Albany's midfield outside of Mcclancy aren't great dodgers and thats being nice, and now McClancy is gone. Lastly you have to wonder as good as Ierlan is if he will start to wear down as he has taken a boat load of draws his first two years and its normally later in the Jr. year where these guys start to slow down a bit. Ierlan's a different type of force at the X so maybe like Baptiste it won't really affect him but when you take that kind of pounding week in and week out it seems inevitable.

Gotta think SU is in the top 10 here maybe even top 5 with everyone we have coming back. I think 6 or 7 sounds right, with Staats 3 or 4.

I am curious to see who the top 5 will be. I do not have a good handle on it at all. Even with Staats I don't see Syracuse being preseason top 5, but I very well could be wrong. I think they are in the 9-11 range. Top five might be Notre Dame, Duke, Cornell, Loyola, UVA? I might be too ACC centric but those teams really don't lose a lot. Penn State returns a bunch. Tierney is still coaching Denver. Yale losses a bunch but has a great recruiting class. Feels like a lot of teams have a lot of good arguments. I hope I am wrong but I see Syracuse as a quarterfinal team next year, with or without Staats.

I am curious to see who the top 5 will be. I do not have a good handle on it at all. Even with Staats I don't see Syracuse being preseason top 5, but I very well could be wrong. I think they are in the 9-11 range. Top five might be Notre Dame, Duke, Cornell, Loyola, UVA? I might be too ACC centric but those teams really don't lose a lot. Penn State returns a bunch. Tierney is still coaching Denver. Yale losses a bunch but has a great recruiting class. Feels like a lot of teams have a lot of good arguments. I hope I am wrong but I see Syracuse as a quarterfinal team next year, with or without Staats.
That will depend on how many of the incoming freshmen are good enough to see large minutes. If they are not immediate starters/significant players we are looking at another down year.

Cornell should definitely be in there, ND is interesting as they do bring back Gleason, Garnsey and Costabile so they have a nice core there. That said they do lose Milikin, Brendan Collins, Byrne, Sexton (big loss), Travisano their faceoff guy, and Wynne their crease finisher. ND's bigger issue is that they lose just about everyone after next season including Schantz , Wynne, Gleason, Crance, Phillips, etc. Hard to know what to make of ND going into next year after their offense struggled so badly at time this past season.

Duke brings back a lot but they lose Guterding which is massive as he was clearly the #1 option and best offensive option by far. I am sure they have 5+ UA's coming in but you can't replace a guy like that. Fowler (Goalie), Conley, Cerrone, and a few defenders also depart. I could see them being a top 5 team though in a pre-season ranking.

Agree about Loyola they bring back a lot as well including Spencer. but they do lose their goalie as well as Drapeau and Begley. I think there a top 5 squad and like ND this might be a year to get it done as they get crushed by grad losses following the season including Spencer.

Yale loses to much in my mind to be a top 5 team but I can see the argument. Hopkins brings back some interesting and I think most of if not all of their close defense. Losing Tinney and Stanwick are big losses though, plus midfield was decimated with grad losses and they have gigantic questions marks at the X and in goal.

Maryland will be good again but they take another big blow to graduation, the last two years they have lost a ton. Losing Kelly and Rotanz plus several D pieces is a lot to overcome after losing the entire starting attack last year.

UVA like us has a lot of ?. Can the D keep improving, what does Conrad look like injury wise, does a high end offensive guy bolt via transfer?

Like you I see SU around 6-9 though I would learn more toward 6 then 9. Staats would make a world of difference for this team, put him on this team and the offense is immediately light years better.

Cornell should definitely be in there, ND is interesting as they do bring back Gleason, Garnsey and Costabile so they have a nice core there. That said they do lose Milikin, Brendan Collins, Byrne, s e xton (big loss), Travisano their faceoff guy, and Wynne their crease finisher. ND's bigger issue is that they lose just about everyone after next season including Schantz , Wynne, Gleason, Crance, Phillips, etc. Hard to know what to make of ND going into next year after their offense struggled so badly at time this past season.

Duke brings back a lot but they lose Guterding which is massive as he was clearly the #1 option and best offensive option by far. I am sure they have 5+ UA's coming in but you can't replace a guy like that. Fowler (Goalie), Conley, Cerrone, and a few defenders also depart. I could see them being a top 5 team though in a pre-season ranking.

Agree about Loyola they bring back a lot as well including Spencer. but they do lose their goalie as well as Drapeau and Begley. I think there a top 5 squad and like ND this might be a year to get it done as they get crushed by grad losses following the season including Spencer.

Yale loses to much in my mind to be a top 5 team but I can see the argument. Hopkins brings back some interesting and I think most of if not all of their close defense. Losing Tinney and Stanwick are big losses though, plus midfield was decimated with grad losses and they have gigantic questions marks at the X and in goal.

Maryland will be good again but they take another big blow to graduation, the last two years they have lost a ton. Losing Kelly and Rotanz plus several D pieces is a lot to overcome after losing the entire starting attack last year.

UVA like us has a lot of ?. Can the D keep improving, what does Conrad look like injury wise, does a high end offensive guy bolt via transfer?

Like you I see SU around 6-9 though I would learn more toward 6 then 9. Staats would make a world of difference for this team, put him on this team and the offense is immediately light years better.

Agree. Staats may immediately fill the hole left by Bomberry graduation but the offense should be lights years better with or without him. Cuse has several young mids as well as Refhuss on the verge of breaking out and then there are kids like Quinn and Buttermore who will contribute next year before even considering what highly rated 16 recruits Seebold and Lauder can bring. Then throw in offensive potential of Cook, Fiorini, Magnan and Hill coming in. The cupboard certainly won't be barren . If goalie n fogo deliver then the sky is the limit

I disagree with you guys on Yale losing a lot. Sure they lose Reeves and Mackie (big losses) and a player like Warner who was important but they big back their goalie and most of the offense and I'm sure they've got some guys ready to step in for the guys that leave. I still see them as top 5 going into next season.

I disagree with you guys on Yale losing a lot. Sure they lose Reeves and Mackie (big losses) and a player like Warner who was important but they big back their goalie and most of the offense and I'm sure they've got some guys ready to step in for the guys that leave. I still see them as top 5 going into next season.

I think there still going to be a top 10 team but Reeves meant so much to that team, defenses are going to be able to do a whole lot more now that he is gone. They also lose Keating and O'Connor and the aforementioned Mackie. Not saying there going to fall of the face of the earth but its a lot easier for guys like Gaudet and Tigh to score when Defenses are concentrating on Reeves. Morrill is going to have to take over that #1 option role, maybe they can do it but history tells me its going to be a bigger challenge then they might think. Also Starr has the chance to become a great goalie but he was under 50% for the year. Yale just finally put it all together after several years of puzzling tourney losses, not sure if this an omen of things to come or more of a one off. There a pretty Jr heavy team so if they don't take a step back this coming season they definitely will the following year.

Let's just say if Nanticoke is eligible next year then the NCAA better make a visit to Albany. Marr runs a crazy dirty program and if you can maintain grades by going to less than 25% of your classes something stinks. Not saying SUNY Albany is Harvard but you have to show up for some classes right?

So, at least 4 ACC teams in the Top 11? I'll take it, not that it means much right now.

So, at least 4 ACC teams in the Top 11? I'll take it, not that it means much right now.

Definitely going to be 4, Duke and possibly SU or UVA will probably be top 5 teams. UNC is likely on the outside looking in right now, they have a lot ?

Definitely going to be 4, Duke and ND will probably be top 5 teams. UNC is likely on the outside looking in right now, they have a lot ?
Did you mean SU (or UVa)? ND already clocked in at #11.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom