Bama took 59 3’s | Syracusefan.com

Bama took 59 3’s

It was an ugly game.

I think that Auburn began the game on a 12-0 run, and may have been up early 16-2. I credit Bama for coming back and sending it to OT, but it seemed like they missed every 3 they took.

Obviously, that wasn't the case if they made 22 of the 59, but man -- they couldn't hit shots down the stretch.

I get the value of the 3.. but hoisting up 59 of them isn’t the type of b-ball I want to see..

Unfortunately the game is becoming a three point shooting or a dunk contest. Check out the shot tracker during a game on cbs sports app. It’s unbelievable the concentration of shots attempted right around the hoop and behind the three point line. You have like 17 feet of no mans land in between.

I understand the analytical reason why but that coupled with the talent drain makes for crappy college basketball games. I’m just not that into it anymore. I basically only watch SU games now.

I have to believe that at some point a Shaq like player will come along that hits like 80% of his shots and gets fouled like crazy because there are so few true interior players now.

Unfortunately the game is becoming a three point shooting or a dunk contest. Check out the shot tracker during a game on cbs sports app. It’s unbelievable the concentration of shots attempted right around the hoop and behind the three point line. You have like 17 feet of no mans land in between.

I understand the analytical reason why but that coupled with the talent drain makes for crappy college basketball games. I’m just not that into it anymore. I basically only watch SU games now.

The NBA is even worse when it comes to threes and dunks.

SPRAWLBALL_Fig_015_kg_edit.png

This was always going to be the natural progression once the 3 point line was introduced.

The NBA is even worse when it comes to threes and dunks.
You think? Admittedly, I don't watch a ton of NBA, but what I've watched has involvled more midrange than college. I think pros do a better of taking what the defense gives them.

You think? Admittedly, I don't watch a ton of NBA, but what I've watched has involvled more midrange than college. I think pros do a better of taking what the defense gives them.

You might be right. I don't watch a ton of NBA but when I do it seems like a three festival.

College has more shots in the mid range than the pro's. There's a reason it's going away though. Look at our offense the last two years. We lived in the mid range and we couldn't score for crap. The best thing it has done is teams have got away from ISO ball.

make the court wider move the 3pt line out further and value passing the ball better. or remove the 3pt line completely and let guys shoot where they want.. it was put in because Ds had clogged up the middle, but if guys are shooting from so far out its impossible to play connective D anymore you dont need the rule.

whats next another home run wall for 2 runs in MLB..

The question is how many of those misses resulted in a transition layup the other way?

Secondly they only got to the line 16 times vs 39 for Auburn.

Lastly Auburn won the game and only went 7-31 from 3. (22.6%); Alabama 22-59 (37.3%)

Jacking up a bunch of 3s is not winning basketball...

The question is how many of those misses resulted in a transition layup the other way?

Secondly they only got to the line 16 times vs 39 for Auburn.

Lastly Auburn won the game and only went 7-31 from 3. (22.6%); Alabama 22-59 (37.3%)

Jacking up a bunch of 3s is not winning basketball...
Everyone thinks they can be the Warriors. Key for GS is that they have two of the best 5 shooters in the history of the game. Additionally for three years they had another top 10 scorer of all time. That certainly helped make that style efficient for them.

I have to believe that at some point a Shaq like player will come along that hits like 80% of his shots and gets fouled like crazy because there are so few true interior players now.
What goes up must come down! (Stock thinking) but applicable here as well. (And what goes down must come up).

Everyone thinks they can be the Warriors. Key for GS is that they have two of the best 5 shooters in the history of the game. Additionally for three years they had another top 10 scorer of all time. That certainly helped make that style efficient for them.
GS's defense was exceptional as well...

He will get called for 3 fouls in the first 5 minutes and foul out with 9 minutes in the second half because no one knows how to officiate power big men properly.

Easy way to address it if anyone wants to really address it... extend the 3 point line even further out. At some point it will be far enough out that the (probability of hitting a midrange 2)x2 > (probability of hitting a 3)x3

I imagine 5 feet further out would do it.

Easy way to address it if anyone wants to really address it... extend the 3 point line even further out. At some point it will be far enough out that the (probability of hitting a midrange 2)x2 > (probability of hitting a 3)x3

I imagine 5 feet further out would do it.

get rid of the corner 3 and push the line back 5 feet lol. They like shooting from the logo and hashes anyway.

From a % perspective, it may seem ok. But missing 37 3's seems like a lot.

Zion only fouled out once for Duke in his season there. :cool:

From a % perspective, it may seem ok. But missing 37 3's seems like a lot.
If we did that, the game thread would be epic.

For a while, at least. ;)

I get the value of the 3.. but hoisting up 59 of them isn’t the type of b-ball I want to see..
I wonder what the right ratio is. Three to two is not it. Maybe four to three?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom