Bama Weight Room/Facilities | Syracusefan.com

Bama Weight Room/Facilities

As soon as we get the funding for the ipf, we need to start saving for the next upgrade - were always gonna be behind, but hopefully we maintain respect in comparison by saving for 10 or 20 years out

Question: Should we delay construction on the IPF?

Even before the designs have been released, and before a single shovel of soil is moved...our IPF is already dated. Seeing what is at Alabama really shows where this is going.

Rather than put $20m towards a dated design, should we just "make due" with the current practice facility for another 5 years? Then use the money to build a proper NFL quality football complex at Skytop?

The reason I say this is because EVERYONE will be getting paid and EVERYONE will have a state of the art practice facility. Why not wait a few years, trump everyone and just build a NFL quality facility?

drooling over this.
This guy is straight out of central casting and stereotypical blowhard. The sad part is that it works for them.As for matching this kind of facility,sure why not its only money which should be pouring from the ACC,especially after the network is established.As far as aspiring to this ,why not?Everyone needs a goal.

An NFL quality facility would be getting close to 100m I don't see how that would ever be possible?

With all schools making $20-$25m per year, how long do you think it will be before someone springs for a $100m practice facility?

Think of this at Skytop...
http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/training-center.html

obviously i would love it, i just don't think it will ever happen. we have been told time and again all facilities are improvements will come from private donations. what will be done with this excess money once we start to see it roll in i have no idea? it would be interesting to know though?

As soon as we get the funding for the ipf, we need to start saving for the next upgrade - were always gonna be behind, but hopefully we maintain respect in comparison by saving for 10 or 20 years out
I thought that I heard, and bnoro or BK could probably back this up with some sort of fact, that the SU facilities aren't awful, it's just that the square-footage is minuscule compared to what Bama has. Remember seeing the Dwight Freeney offseason workout with Hicks, and while everything looked up to date and shiny, it wasn't nearly as vast as the Tide's offering. Maybe it won't be much of an "upgrade", but more of an addition to the current facilities that'd be useful?

I thought that I heard, and bnoro or BK could probably back this up with some sort of fact, that the SU facilities aren't awful, it's just that the square-footage is minuscule compared to what Bama has. Remember seeing the Dwight Freeney offseason workout with Hicks, and while everything looked up to date and shiny, it wasn't nearly as vast as the Tide's offering. Maybe it won't be much of an "upgrade", but more of an addition to the current facilities that'd be useful?
IMO, the biggest problem with the facilities involve the locker rooms inside the Dome.

this is probably the best look at the improved facilities.

Granted, maybe $100m is a bit ambitious.

But wouldn't it make sense to delay our current $20m design by a few years to build a $35m to $40m facility instead? One with an expanded weight room and many of the amenities that you'd normally only see at a pro facility?

I think this is what we all need to remember about the Alabama thing:

We can't compare ourselves to Alabama. They are on another level. I hope we get there eventually, but we are not in the same realm at this point, from fanbase, to funds, to overall talent base. Alabama is basically NFL junior. We will not ever compete with them in terms of facilities, IMO.

That's not to say we can't still have great facilities. But we need to compare ourselves to other schools that are more similar to us, rather than the Rolls Royce of college football.

Don't compare us with Alabama where the boosters will pay any amount of money so the team can remain in the elite. We will never have anything remotely close to that. Don't even try and have plans for it. The SEC schools have boosters and die-hard fans willing to do anything to help the school's football team whether it is donating insane amounts to the facilities, paying recruits (and their families), sending up hookers to players, and covering up as much wrong-doing as possible. We are not an elite football school anymore. And frankly, I am fine with that. We sell them on Syracuse. We can try and add the bells and whistles too, because recruits like that whether you want to believe it or not, but we can't try and compare what we offer to the SEC. It's on another level there and we will be burning through funds we don't need to and still won't be on their level.

I am ecstatic we have plans for an IPF, bridging the gap is a must. We will never be Oregon, 'Bama, or a school like Clemson that is trying their arse off to become a 'Bama and are not there but still have great facilities. Be happy we are finally making moves to at least get into this century first and then start to move on to the next thing. We don't have the donors to just up and buy multiple things for the program. The football team doesn't have any Carmelo's at this point either (hopefully in the future we will).

If you were in Alabama you may have not been able to read the last post. Illiteracy rate 14%. 10% in Onondaga county. But keep spending on the football team!

For everyone that says we should "know our place" and that we "aren't a big-boy", I respectfully, but WHOLEHEARTEDLY disagree. Think of yourself as a mid-level program and that's what you will become.

In 1980, Syracuse built a gamechanger. They built a state of the art domed facility for their sports. The thought of a college program playing in A DOME?!?!? was unthinkable. Who would have thought the podunk salt-lick's from Syracuse would have done that? That facility is what gave our program a boost. It drove in recruits. And 30 years later, it is still as viable today as it was back then.

The same can be said for the MeloCenter. This first rate facility has helped to bring in many a recruit.

Why can't we build a game-changer for football?

A bunch of people beat me to it. Love the facility. Can't stand the S&C coach (I assume that's what he is). What's up with the RANDOM yelling as if he needs to GET someone's ATTENTION? Dude, you're being followed around by cameras. Everyone is paying attention to you and you'll still never be as cool as you think you already are.

2 things stood out half way through.
Only took 5months to build.
He speculated it cost $8-9mm but he wasn't sure.

So why can't Cuse have that and why can't it be done by October/November?

2 things stood out half way through.
Only took 5months to build.
He speculated it cost $8-9mm but he wasn't sure.

So why can't Cuse have that and why can't it be done by October/November?
Was that just the weight room portion maybe added on to an existing IPF?

Why does this guy talk like he's a 1990s wrestler giving an interview to Vince McMahon before the start of a Royal Rumble?

An NFL quality facility would be getting close to 100m I don't see how that would ever be possible?
Its possible if you take the easy pay method of stretching out the cost. No matter how good the steak tastes ,you don't put a quarter lb of it in your mouth in one bite. You gonna die if you try that.:crazy:

drooling over this.
Amazing facility for sure,but if I'm a recruit,nowhere near nice enough for me to put up with that guy for 4-5 years.Goddamn!I would want to murder him sometime within the first day.If you closed your eyes you would think you were listening to a Chris Farley SNL skit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom