Bare Minimum Expectations- and Deductions From Them | Syracusefan.com

Bare Minimum Expectations- and Deductions From Them

FutureCuse

Walk On
As an ardent fan of this particular program, based on our history, the program, the facilities, the fanbase, etc. etc., I feel that there are certain minimum expectations that should be met by Syracuse Orange men's basketball. Let me know if I am wackadoo like Dragon Lady Annie Wilkes for expecting this, and yes in the order I specify them.

1. Win "buy" games. Don't lose to Colgate, Bryant, etc. on the regular anymore. Far superior athletes and basketball players losing to inferior ones. Hmmmm, kind of points to a certain group of people not being good at their jobs? Coaches perhaps? Hall of Fame head coach perhaps getting out-coached? I think so.

2. Make the NCAA tournament without being on the bubble every year.

3. Win at least 12 out of 20 conference games every year. Not too much to ask when you're supposed to be one of the top 5 or 6 programs in the conference right?

4. At least sniff the top 25 if not exist within it, and be a quad 1 team, not quad 427.

Thanks that is all.

Sincerely, a fan who hates losing more and more games every year and is now a mediocre ACC program full of excuses.

Last edited:
1. Win "buy" games. Don't lose to Colgate, Bryant, etc. on the regular anymore. Far superior athletes and basketball players losing to inferior ones. Hmmmm, kind of points to a certain group of people not being good at their jobs? Coaches perhaps? Hall of Fame head coach perhaps getting out-coached? I think so.

P5 teams lose buy games all the time. It isn't just a Syracuse thing...

Florida State loses a buy game to Stetson.
Oklahoma loses a buy game to Sam Houston State.
USC loses a buy game to Florida Gulf Coast.
Cal loses a buy game to UC Davis.
Louisville loses a buy game to Bellarmine.
Vanderbilt loses a buy game to Southern Miss.
Oregon loses a buy game to UC Irvine.
Boston College loses a buy game to Maine.
Florida loses a buy game to Florida Atlantic.
TCU loses a buy game to Northwestern State.
Florida State loses a buy game to Troy.
Louisville loses a buy game to Appalachian State.
Utah loses a buy game to Sam Houston.
Washington loses a buy game to Cal Baptist.
Cal loses a buy game to Southern.
Boston College loses a buy game to New Hampshire.
Vanderbilt loses a buy game to Grambling.
Texas A&M loses a buy game to Wofford.
Ole Miss loses a buy game to North Alabama.
Oregon loses a buy game to Utah Valley.
Iowa loses a buy game to Eastern Illinois.
Michigan loses a buy game to Central Michigan.

The epitome of brutality.

Blame the portal.

Lmao if only it were as simple as making blanket statements like this without looking at particulars. I hated losing 5 games in 2003 but I didn't feel the need to make this post then now did I?

Find me somebody who likes losing multiple seasons in a row

P5 teams lose buy games all the time. It isn't just a Syracuse thing...

Florida State loses a buy game to Stetson.
Oklahoma loses a buy game to Sam Houston State.
USC loses a buy game to Florida Gulf Coast.
Cal loses a buy game to UC Davis.
Louisville loses a buy game to Bellarmine.
Vanderbilt loses a buy game to Southern Miss.
Oregon loses a buy game to UC Irvine.
Boston College loses a buy game to Maine.
Florida loses a buy game to Florida Atlantic.
TCU loses a buy game to Northwestern State.
Florida State loses a buy game to Troy.
Louisville loses a buy game to Appalachian State.
Utah loses a buy game to Sam Houston.
Washington loses a buy game to Cal Baptist.
Cal loses a buy game to Southern.
Boston College loses a buy game to New Hampshire.
Vanderbilt loses a buy game to Grambling.
Texas A&M loses a buy game to Wofford.
Ole Miss loses a buy game to North Alabama.
Oregon loses a buy game to Utah Valley.
Iowa loses a buy game to Eastern Illinois.
Michigan loses a buy game to Central Michigan.

The epitome of brutality.

Blame the portal.
Every year now? Colgate two years in a row. Bryant in the same year. Last year, also VCU. 2019-20 throttled by Okie St, Penn St, Iowa, Georgetown, not mid-majors but losing all of those? You think losing these types of games at the rate we are losing them is acceptable? Are you denying the decline? Question, what side of the fence are you on with regard to Boeheim? I think that will help me understand what I'm speaking with.

Every year now? Colgate two years in a row. Bryant in the same year. Last year, also VCU. 2019-20 throttled by Okie St, Penn St, Iowa, Georgetown, not mid-majors but losing all of those? You think losing these types of games at the rate we are losing them is acceptable? Are you denying the decline? Question, what side of the fence are you on with regard to Boeheim? I think that will help me understand what I'm speaking with.
So is your whole agenda that Boeheim needs to go? If so just say that.

No, my agenda is that these are the bare minimums I feel the program should be achieving. Do you think Boeheim can meet them?

As an ardent fan of this particular program, based on our history, the program, the facilities, the fanbase, etc. etc., I feel that there are certain minimum expectations that should be met by Syracuse Orange men's basketball. Let me know if I am wackadoo like Dragon Lady Annie Wilkes for expecting this, and yes in the order I specify them.

2. Make the NCAA tournament without being on the bubble every year.

3. Win at least 12 out of 20 conference games every year. Not too much to ask when you're supposed to be one of the top 5 or 6 programs in the conference right?

4. At least sniff the top 25 if not exist within it, and be a quad 1 team, not quad 427.

Thanks that is all.

Sincerely, a fan who hates losing more and more games every year and is now a mediocre ACC program full of excuses.

Does no one get injured or do we play against teams that don't try to win as much as we do in this world?

No, my agenda is that these are the bare minimums I feel the program should be achieving. Do you think Boeheim can meet them?
Do you think Boeheim can meet them???

He has met them for many years so it is not a stretch to think he can do it again and that his record has earned him some benefit of the doubt.

Expectations are nice, but they will not always be met. The question is if a coach doesn’t meet them when do you take action and let them go.

Yes,
JAB needs to go.
OK, the program is starting to stink like 3 day old fish !
Sad but true !

It's harder now to win consistently, but making the tourney 1 time in 4 years just isn't acceptable if you are big program.

I don't know what the new standard is for top, say, 25 program.

But we aren't close.

How about...
Make tourney 3 out of 4 years
1 of those years as a top 4 seed?
1-2 sweet 16s?

Why shouldn’t have to be an agenda) nothing lasts forever. How many retirement plans has it been we’ve lost count.

Do you think Boeheim can meet them???

He has met them for many years so it is not a stretch to think he can do it again and that his record has earned him some benefit of the doubt.

Expectations are nice, but they will not always be met. The question is if a coach doesn’t meet them when do you take action and let them go.
Going by recent trends I absolutely do not think he can meet them. You do???? Give me the basis of your reasoning for that. He came into this season saying this is a tournament team which tells me he can no longer assess talent. He continues to run the zone when we're getting lit up by 11 threes and 52 points before halftime in a season when he finally admitted that going man-to-man would be employed. If not then, then when?!

How's that 2023 class working out for us? How is the decreasing losses every year any indication that he will improve things? You tell me what you're seeing that gives you any indication that this sinking ship will stop sinking. Asking for a friend.

Why shouldn’t have to be an agenda) nothing lasts forever. How many retirement plans has it been we’ve lost count.
Sure he can have an agenda, but the point is he doesn’t need to masquerade it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom