Barker of troy | Syracusefan.com

Barker of troy

orangemass

All American
This quarterback would be perfect in our system. They run the spread. He’s accurate. Has a strong arm and is super quick. We need to find a qb like this. Need to hit the portal. Maybe a grad transfer like this will become available

LOL why ?
He is a great dual threat QB. We can't get or build o-linemen, the hardest commodity to acquire, so they meed an interim period where you run that kind of offense. If you start winning enough, then you might be able to land some real o-line talent.

He is a great dual threat QB. We can't get or build o-linemen, the hardest commodity to acquire, so they meed an interim period where you run that kind of offense. If you start winning enough, then you might be able to land some real o-line talent.

He's great? no. He's a pint sized below average D3 QB who's now washed out at two P5 schools. Hard pass.

QB is not the issue anyhow.

He's great? no. He's a pint sized below average D3 QB who's now washed out at two P5 schools. Hard pass.

He is the same same size as Russel Wilson. He won a championship at the Juco level and was Louisiana high school player of the year. The reason he left Mizzou is that they brought Kelly Bryant in when he thought he was going to be the starter. Our problem is we can't get strong enough o-line play, and it's likely won't for a while because the d-lines in the ACC are big and good and full of NFL level recruits. O-lineman don't grow on trees. So, at this point TD is going to have to do his best dual threat work because I don't see them switching QB's for the next 3 years.

Meh. I’m not willing to say QB isn’t an issue at all. Is it the biggest problem? Probably not. But I’m not convinced yet.

No QB right now would shine behind this OL right now. Sure, Tommy isn't even close to 100% healthy and is running for his life every play.

When he has a little time and sets his feet, the results speak for themselves. The problem is up-front.

Meh. I’m not willing to say QB isn’t an issue at all. Is it the biggest problem? Probably not. But I’m not convinced yet.

statistically, TD is putting in the 2nd best passing season in the last 20 years. He’s the most sacked in the P5 (some of that is on him, but mostly protection breakdowns in the OL/RB)

statistically, TD is putting in the 2nd best passing season in the last 20 years. He’s the most sacked in the P5 (some of that is on him, but mostly protection breakdowns in the OL/RB)

It's a little early to make this kind of apples for apples comparison. He's benefited from playing Holy Cross and Western Michigan as two of his opponents. He's also taking some sacks rather than throwing the ball away, which helps his completion percentage. Let's see where he is at the end of the season after playing the full ACC slate. My guess is he'll still be near the top though.

It's a little early to make this kind of apples for apples comparison. He's benefited from playing Holy Cross and Western Michigan as two of his opponents. He's also taking some sacks rather than throwing the ball away, which helps his completion percentage. Let's see where he is at the end of the season after playing the full ACC slate. My guess is he'll still be near the top though.

I agree that the competition will get tougher and that will prob slow him down a bit. But, the stats are the stats - and they include that ugly Clemson game.

We'll see. Hopefully he avoids injury too.

Tommy is far from perfect, he does hold the ball too long, he needs to learn to throw the ball away and not take sacks or grounding penalties, he sometimes misses options 2/3 that are open. With that being said, we may have the worst OLine in the entire P5, which has meant zero run game and zero protection for Tommy. He has plenty to work on, but the line is what has to get fixed for next year (IMO, it is too far broken to be fixed this year).

Can Welch run? If he can, they really should think about using 2 QB's this year to keep TD from taking more injuries.

Can Welch run? If he can, they really should think about using 2 QB's this year to keep TD from taking more injuries.
Anwsered my own question. Here's his stats from 1 year in JUCO.
Freshman Year (2016 at Butte College): Led the Road Runners to a 9-3 record and an appearance in the NorCal championship game ... NorCal League Offensive Player of the Year … All-California Community College Region I Offensive Player of the Year ... Threw for 1,325 yards with 13 touchdowns and five interceptions ... Also ran for 821 yards and 11 touchdowns ... Butte team MVP ... Two 100-yard rushing games, including a season-best 132 yards and three touchdowns versus Siskiyous (10/22) ... Passed for a season-high 249 yards and three scores at San Francisco (10/1).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom