Battle for 4th in the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Battle for 4th in the ACC

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Remaining schedule for the ACC teams vying for 4th place.

9-4 SU- Duke(home);UNC(away);Wake(away);VA(home);Clemson(away)
9-4 FSU- UNC(away);ND(home);NCst(home);Va Tech(home);Wake(away)
9-5 Louisville- Va(home);BC(away);ND(home);VA(away)
9-5 Va Tech- ND(away);Duke(home);FSU(away);Miami(home)
7-7 N.C. St - Wake(home);FSU(away);Ga Tech(home); BC(away)

If i had to put money on it, I would go with FSU getting the #4 seed. Crazy that they finish with four straight home games (assuming no typo above).

I think we'll go 3-2 and finish 12-6 and get the 5.

Louisville will lose two more times (at least) and NC St. should lose at least one more.

Va Tech is the wild card. I haven't seen any news on when Robinson will return. If they get past Notre Dame, and he returns for the Duke game, i could see them finishing 3-1 and getting to 12-6.

If i had to put money on it, I would go with FSU getting the #4 seed. Crazy that they finish with four straight home games (assuming no typo above).

I think we'll go 3-2 and finish 12-6 and get the 5.

Louisville will lose two more times (at least) and NC St. should lose at least one more.

Va Tech is the wild card. I haven't seen any news on when Robinson will return. If they get past Notre Dame, and he returns for the Duke game, i could see them finishing 3-1 and getting to 12-6.

Sorry FSU’s last game at Wake is away.

How the heck did FSU get to only play the top 3 teams once - unless I’m looking at their schedule incorrectly they only played Duke, UNC and Virginia once.
Men's Basketball

Earlier in the week the ACC released their schedule for the next 3 years and the big takeaway was how FSU had the easiest schedule going forward those 3 years too. How does that happen? Weird.

if syracuse gets the double bye they will certainly have earned it. given that fsu has the head-to-head tiebreaker, 13 wins looks to be the minimum . . . kinda sorta what i've been hoping for for about a month

14-4: deliriously excited, “we’re back!”
13-5: thrilled. A couple early OOC slipups, but who cares? Great year.
12-6: Very happy. Solid year. We’re on the upswing.
11-7: Satisfied. It’s modest improvement.
10-8: Eh. Disappointing year.
9-9: Logging off.(yeah right, but I don’t know what else to say)

14-4: deliriously excited, “we’re back!”
13-5: thrilled. A couple early OOC slipups, but who cares? Great year.
12-6: Very happy. Solid year. We’re on the upswing.
11-7: Satisfied. It’s modest improvement.
10-8: Eh. Disappointing year.
9-9: Logging off.(yeah right, but I don’t know what else to say)

If we win out, my regular season iggy prediction will be right on. Not exactly in the way I predicted it but it still counts :)

Sorry FSU’s last game at Wake is away.

How the heck did FSU get to only play the top 3 teams once - unless I’m looking at their schedule incorrectly they only played Duke, UNC and Virginia once.
Men's Basketball

Earlier in the week the ACC released their schedule for the next 3 years and the big takeaway was how FSU had the easiest schedule going forward those 3 years too. How does that happen? Weird.
UVa last played FSU home-and-home in the 2013-14 season. We are scheduled to play them H&H next season, UNC will in the 20-21 season, and dook in the 21-22 season. The rotation to play us is the 6 years it took for it to come around on the previous 18-game rotation. dook played them H&H in 16-17, and UNC played them H&H in 12-13.

If we win out, my regular season iggy prediction will be right on. Not exactly in the way I predicted it but it still counts :)
win out and regular season title is in play if the cards fall right. would have the tiebreaker over everyone but fsu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom