Battle or Brisset if you were NBA GM? | Syracusefan.com

Battle or Brisset if you were NBA GM?

20Plus

This question is three fold.

First part for me who has the higher ceiling and ultimate nba potential as prospect?

Who’s game can translate more to the NBA.?

Who is the better value pick right now ?

To me it’s a big if but if Tyus can really work on his shot As some have done at that level from where he is currently to where he needs to be

He already is showing a little bit of ability to be successful with the ball in his hand. He has a better motor jumper,size,strength,and athleticism for his position than Brisset.

Battle. He can handle and he’s strong and fast enough. NBA teams have shooters so defenses can’t pack it in and double team as much. I think his shot can get better with a more spread floor and playing alongside skilled guards.

I feel like OB still needs a clear identity.

Battle - without a doubt. He has above average athleticism. If he can get his shot right, he has a chance to play in the NBA. I just see no way that Oshae makes the leap.

Battle, Battle, and Battle.

And I think he’s a borderline NBA guy.

This. I wouldn’t draft either of them but if forced to choose, it’s not a difficult decision. You could expand the draft another two rounds and I’m still not sure I would want to pick Oshae.

First part for me who has the higher ceiling and ultimate nba potential as prospect?

Battle, especially if he can defend, which I believe he can

Battle, I don’t see what OB can do in the NBA with his current 3 shot percentage and his inability to finish IN COLLEGE

Battle, I just don’t see OB getting there so there’s very little value to me

My third round choice would be Battle because he's older and can't waste any more time getting there. Then I'd take OB forth round. Then trade him back to Toronto so he could play in his home town.

I would take Battle. He has good size and strength and I think can defend well. His shot needs to improve and maybe they work on his mechanics or something. I don't know to me he will never be a shooter but at least he has shown flashes of being capable like the game at Cameron this year. OB is just so far away in so many ways I can't see it. He can't finish around the rim. He doesn't have great leaping ability. He can't shoot from the perimeter. He lacks quickness compared to other guys at his position.

Battle. He's tall/long, even in the NBA, for his position. He can finish at the rim and has a couple nice 'go-to' moves to get open jumpers. Needs to work on 3-point shot but there's hope for it. Not a great ballhandler or athlete but passable.

Oshae is much more raw and hasn't shown improvement in many areas. His jumper needs a lot of work. He's not big or athletic for his position (PF) in the NBA. Struggles to finish at the rim. He can rebound okay at the college level but that will diminish in the NBA and is only so valuable a skill to begin with.

One is ranked at 71 on Espn's Board and the other isn't ranked at at all in the top 100 so I don't think either are on NBA GM's radar

Howard.

Tyus needs a time machine to go back a decade to when 3 point shooting wasn’t the most important attribute for an NBA 2.

Both guys have great shots if they play 4 years of ACC ball and enter camps stronger and more well rounded than the other rookies. I truly hope both are able to see this angle towards an NBA career you aren’t going lottery on potential so try to crack the league as the strongest and most developed player possible.

I think Tyus could be a good second round pick, and I think he could be a combo guard on a second unit in the NBA in a year or two of working more on his handle.

I wouldn't imagine either comes close.

However, I'll go with Brissett just to be contrary. I still think he has a lot in the toolbox, it just hasn't quite come together for him yet. It likely never will, but Tyus seems like a finished product, and that product doesn't seem to translate all that well into the NBA - unless he's some insane lockdown defender.

Who has the higher ceiling and ultimate NBA potential as prospect? OSHAE

Who’s game can translate more to the NBA? OSHAE

Who is the better value pick right now? BATTLE

If I actually had to pick one knowing I'd have them for five years, and have to use them in some bizarre scenario like that, I'd take Tyus all day...as he could compete and not embarrass himself.

He was a 20 point type scorer and has much better ball skills oh she could play for seven years and not average 20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom