Battle sighting in the Big Easy | Syracusefan.com

Battle sighting in the Big Easy

sdcuseguy

Walk On
I’m at a conference in New Orleans and was walking out of a Subway and ran into Tyus Battle. He is here working out for the team and it really seems like he might have a shot to be drafted. He was very gracious and I think his work ethic and demeanor will pay off. Good luck Tyus. He could t stop talking about how much he loved SU which was great to hear.

I’m at a conference in New Orleans and was walking out of a Subway and ran into Tyus Battle. He is here working out for the team and it really seems like he might have a shot to be drafted. He was very gracious and I think his work ethic and demeanor will pay off. Good luck Tyus. He could t stop talking about how much he loved SU which was great to hear.

Hmmm, the Pelicans are clearly thinking of going in a different direction than everyone expects!

Zion or Battle????

That's cool - I have to admit though I laughed when I read New Orleans and Subway in the same sentence.

I’m surprised nobody else has asked you this, but why were you in a subway in New Orleans?

I don't remember there being a subway. You can't dig underground due to shifting land and it being below sea level. The street cars run on tracks above ground...wait, did you mean Subway sandwiches??? I don't remember seeing one of those either the entire 6 years I lived there cause I ate other places.:):)

Cool that you ran into Battle.

That's cool - I have to admit though I laughed when I read New Orleans and Subway in the same sentence.
Wow, there was a huge reaction to my motive for going into a Subway sandwich shop in New Orleans. It's not so dramatic...I was at a conference across the street, was walking to my hotel nearby and wanted to grab a drink quickly. Tyus was walking out and I was walking in. Mystery solved. Maybe you can give Tyus the same crap for doing the same thing. And, YES, foodie freaks, people in a town for a week for work don't always get to go to the amazing restaurants for every meal in New Orleans. While I agree Subway is not Zagat rated, if you have 20 minutes to wolf down food between meetings and it is 10 steps from where you are staying, it is a viable choice. In any event, it would be great to see Battle get drafted.

Last edited:
Wow, there was a huge reaction to my motive for going into a Subway sandwich shop in New Orleans. It's not so dramatic...I was at a conference across the street, was walking to my hotel nearby and wanted to grab a drink quickly. Tyus was walking out and I was walking in. Mystery solved.
But did you get the combo deal? Footlong, chips, and drink ain't no joke.

In NOLA before the LSU game, I was on some random trolly or bus tour thing, through some fancy neighbor hood. Was just blindly following friends, thought it was a ride to another destination. Nope, just a round trip ride checking out houses. No booze.

We passed a subway. Driver stopped to pee, I ran out, ordered a quick Sammy, and thankfully the people on the bus made him wait for me.
Was a great call, set up a fantastic drinking stomach for later

Listen, I'm not much of a foodie. When i travel solo I look for a good local sub place. If I can't find one, jimmy johns delivers, and maaaan if I'm in a town with a blimpies.

Wow, there was a huge reaction to my motive for going into a Subway sandwich shop in New Orleans. It's not so dramatic...I was at a conference across the street, was walking to my hotel nearby and wanted to grab a drink quickly. Tyus was walking out and I was walking in. Mystery solved. Maybe you can give Tyus the same crap for doing the same thing. And, YES, foodie freaks, people in a town for a week for work don't always get to go to the amazing restaurants for every meal in New Orleans. While I agree Subway is not Zagat rated, if you have 20 minutes to wolf down food between meetings and it is 10 steps from where you are staying, it is a viable choice. In any event, it would be great to see Battle get drafted.

I know....really! Probably no other places in the downtown area. Besides those Po boys aren't that good anyway.

We passed a subway. Driver stopped to pee, I ran out, ordered a quick Sammy, and thankfully the people on the bus made him wait for me.
Was a great call, set up a fantastic drinking stomach for later

Okay, since we're confessing things...

I haven't been to Subway in years, but I used to really like those double-chocolate chip cookies they have. Once, maybe 6, perhaps even 7 months ago, I stopped in a Subway just for a cookie. It was good. Really good.

Also, once, I ate at a Pita Pit...………………….in London. :(

Okay, since we're confessing things...

I haven't been to Subway in years, but I used to really like those double-chocolate chip cookies they have. Once, maybe 6, perhaps even 7 months ago, I stopped in a Subway just for a cookie. It was good. Really good.

Also, once, I ate at a Pita Pit...………………….in London. :(

You are lucky if you can even get edible food in London. You can't be held accountable for where you choose to eat in that city.

It was pretty hilarious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom