battlebots | Syracusefan.com

battlebots

moqui

generational talent
one of my all time favorite shows. originally ran on comedy central back in the early 2000s then was picked up as a summer series by abc in 2015 where it ran for 2 more seasons.

after a one year hiatus, the robots are activated again, by the discovery channel.

we snuck my son & one of his friends out of school today to go to a preliminary round taping. it was flipping awesome! i don't know when these episodes will run; i heard variously later this spring or possibly in the summer. here are some highlights from the 2016 season

Loved this show back in the day. Vlad the Impaler was a monster.

loved it. seemed like the 2 basic design concepts were the flippers and the buzzsaws. my favorite was Jihad. he just rolled up close and exploded.
like to see a combo match where you get 1 ground BOT and 1 air DRONE. that would be awesome.

Last edited:
I watched it a bit when it was first on. I was always disappointed. When I heard “Battlebots,” I had images of dangerous machines destroying each other into pieces. All I remember was seeing wedge shaped machines knocking other machines on their sides.