Baye at Center, Rakeem at Wing | Syracusefan.com

Baye at Center, Rakeem at Wing

Pat Kelly

2nd String
Used that during yesterday's game, not sure if I'd seen it at any point during the year. I remember early in the year they had Rakeem playing wing a bit when Coleman would start at center.

Is this a viable option to sub to or is this just emergency due to injuries/fouls?

If Rak is going to play wing imo he should be on the right side offensively, he has more explosion then he gets credit for off the dribble. Hes also a nice passer and our best dribbling big in a long time. He isn't great at going right but he can go left.

As I recall, Rak and DC2 have started 2 years in a row - it will be interesting to see if that happens again next year.

First of all, I would like to see BMK start on Tuesday for his senior day. He deserves it. He's been a trooper his 4 years and starting him is NOT going to hurt the team. That said, unless Grant is 110% (yes 110) then he should in all probability sit for the game, And with him sitting, going big with Xmas at the 4 is as viable as going small with Silent G. I don't say, play 40 minutes like that, even 30 but a good shoot of both at the same time may help with rebounding and maybe not as bad on offense as on would think. With the way they have been shooting lately, it ain't going to clog the lane any more than it has been.

Christmas is terrible on the wing. He belongs in the middle. Having both of those guys on the court at the same time makes our already weak offense that much weaker.

upload_2014-3-3_12-10-14.jpeg

Roc can't defend at the 4.

My view is, Boeheim has started the past two seasons with Rakeem at the 4 and not the 5, and only changed because Coleman struggled. We aren't scoring as is, so I think change it up so we have a height advantage. We gotta score off of rebounds(!!!) and turnovers. Manufacture offense.

My view is, Boeheim has started the past two seasons with Rakeem at the 4 and not the 5, and only changed because Coleman struggled. We aren't scoring as is, so I think change it up so we have a height advantage. We gotta score off of rebounds(!!!) and turnovers. Manufacture offense.

At the very least it may clean up our rebounding issues a bit with Grant out.

In Jerami's absence the best chance for upgrading the offense which is our biggest deficiency at the moment is to put Tyler Roberson at the PF spot and let him play through his mistakes.

Incidentally when Jerami returns I still think this is the best chance for upgrading the offense, not starting Roberson but working him into the rotation with 15 -20 minutes per game in relief of CJ and Jerami.

It serves multiple purposes. Adds a player with some offensive upside to the rotation, it allows you to give CJ and Jerami breaks, and it keeps Rak, Baye and MBG at positions that they have been playing at all season.

In Jerami's absence the best chance for upgrading the offense which is our biggest deficiency at the moment is to put Tyler Roberson at the PF spot and let him play through his mistakes.

Incidentally when Jerami returns I still think this is the best chance for upgrading the offense, not starting Roberson but working him into the rotation with 15 -20 minutes per game in relief of CJ and Jerami.

It serves multiple purposes. Adds a player with some offensive upside to the rotation, it allows you to give CJ and Jerami breaks, and it keeps Rak, Baye and MBG at positions that they have been playing at all season.

Yeah, let the kid sink himself. I want rebounds, and I think he gives us that. He certainly hustles his ass off. I really haven't seen any major downside yet outside of the rushed shots. But nobody is scoring on this team anyway...

I'm fine with Baye starting his senior day as long as he gets the freshman year Fab hook. Right now Keita is a liability even defensively. I'm sure JB won't do it but I too would rather see more Roberson and let Keita be Rak's backup only.

Thank you. Having Rak and Keita in at the same time is a horrid idea. Not only is it a terrible offensive lineup, it also weakens our D on the wing as Rak doesn't play the wing D very well. Baye should only sub for Rak. Roberson should sub for Grant/Fair. Mike G should only sub for Ennis/Cooney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom