Baye is cool, part two | Syracusefan.com

Baye is cool, part two

im4cuse

2nd String
Baye is a huge fan of our men's club hockey team. He showed up again tonight, as the national tourney bound men beat #8 Delaware 7-4. He cheered throughout, and at one point climbed the glass to see a scrum the far corner. Careful that knee! Major looking brace on it, BTW. Anyway he posed with some old guy whose kid plays on the team. Thanks Baye and get back soon. (he said he'd be back for the tournament, as in ACC).

photo (1).JPG

im4cuse said:
Baye is a huge fan of our men's club hockey team. He showed up again tonight, as the national tourney bound men beat #8 Delaware 7-4. He cheered throughout, and at one point climbed the glass to see a scrum the far corner. Careful that knee! Major looking brace on it, BTW. Anyway he posed with some old guy whose kid plays on the team. Thanks Baye and get back soon. (he said he'd be back for the tournament, as in ACC).

Ugh. These injuries are always worse than reported

I told you guys. Consider him done. If he ever takes the court again for us it will be a bonus.

I told you guys. Consider him done. If he ever takes the court again for us it will be a bonus.

Well then our NC hopes are sunk. We cannot win it all without him.

Hey , if you can jump up at winning a game, you can jump for a rebound
images

(its a joke, Im sure BMK will be back as soon as he can)

The basketball gods always take a center from us when we are a #1 seed. They can't just take two now!!! Come on.

... he said he was going to be back for the tournament. it wasn't JB or anything that was reported. Baye said it. he'll play again. i'd say a game or 2 before the acc tourney.

- We need Baye, to have a chance in Cameron
- Baye not playing gives Gbinije and Roberson more PT
- It never hurts to have more guys with game experience under their belts for the NCAAT

Summary: We will probably lose in Cameron if Baye doesn't play, but this injury could help us in the long run (assuming he comes back 100%, which I expect). I know Jim B will stick with a 6 man rotation in the Tourney but foul trouble could force his hand. In those cases, it's best that Silent G and Roberson get in as much action now as they can.

I bet you are wrong. I don't quite know what to bet you. But I bet you are wrong. I have a feeling, and I am never wrong. :)

How about this bet: if I'm right I get your tickets to the next duke game at the dome, if you're right I will give you a like on the above post. Seems pretty fair!

First, great for BMK for enjoying college. That is great. I have no doubt he'll be an incredible ambassador for SU whatever he ends up doing.

Second, if he's back for the ACC Tournament - that is fine by me.

I think it will get some of the guys some extra burn that need it. Get him healthy and back for when we are getting ready to make our run.

First, great for BMK for enjoying college. That is great. I have no doubt he'll be an incredible ambassador for SU whatever he ends up doing.

Second, if he's back for the ACC Tournament - that is fine by me.

I think it will get some of the guys some extra burn that need it. Get him healthy and back for when we are getting ready to make our run.
Would be a whole lot better if he's back by March 1 @ Uva

The basketball gods always take a center from us when we are a #1 seed. They can't just take two now!!! Come on.

No kidding. And where's the guy who scoffed and sneered when I wrote that we were better with Coleman than without him, and were going to miss him? :rolleyes:

edit: I was going to post a link to the thread, but "omelette this one slide" ... :D

Last edited:
Well then our NC hopes are sunk. We cannot win it all without him.

Aw, c'mon man. I can't believe that's coming from a guy who's made it past all you've been through. "Ya gotta believe!" LGO! :)

OP - great post, but here's a sure sign I'm getting older (40) - I've noticed I've started taking offense when phrases like, "some old guy" are used in descriptions. LOL.