Baylor in trouble | Syracusefan.com

Baylor in trouble

interesting timing after that article came out that said quincy miller and deuce bello were basically sold to them after they lost out on the bidding for john wall :noidea:

Just read the article. Not surprised by anything anymore. Cheating goes on everywhere to some extent. Those who think otherwise are blind.

Just read the article. Not surprised by anything anymore. Cheating goes on everywhere to some extent. Those who think otherwise are blind.
yup. cheating occurs at EVERY top program, even SU, so let's remember to not take the moral high ground on this

When a program with not much basketball tradition and/or recent success starts reeling in top ten recruiting classes it tends to raise some eyebrows.

Scott Drew has always seemed incredibly shady to me. I know everyone has some dirty laundry, but my sense is that Drew is right behind Calipari in terms of what he's willing to engage in on the recruiting trail.

Funny we were all joking around about this last summer.
Anthony Davis' was alittle more obvious but the "powers that did" decided to give them a get out of jail free card.

Scott Drew just oozes of someone who turns a blind eye and hired the "right" people to get recruits. With that said the NCAA isn't going to drill Baylor with anything major instead this will be Kelvin Sampson II for Drew he will get hit with a warning and basically get probation and be told don't do it again for a couple years or he will be given the sanctions that Sampson got. Baylor is blatantly cheating and it is funny that the Bernie Fine story has beaten at nausea by the media when Baylor had a murder 9 years ago and the program has not only rebounded but has flourished. The NCAA let them off so easy when they only got the half-death penalty by only being able to play conference games.. My friend who went to Kansas told me Baylor is the outlaw program of that conference and the fans down there know Drew is doing some fishy stuff.

I'm sure this report was probably prepared weeks ago. Curious timing that it was released AFTER the tourney unlike how old info about a certain program was timed to go public just before the tourney. This report on Baylor fits nicely with the reports that appeared during the tourney that Drew continued to call a recruit that he lost to Ohio U during the year to feel him out about transferring. Which shows a real lack of ethics.

More than just phone calls..

The probe also determined that former men's assistant Mark Morefield committed a major violation when he attempted to influence two AAU coaches to furnish the NCAA with false and misleading information regarding a series of text messages. Morefield resigned in July 2011.

That's the Hanner Perea being threatened with deportation unless he committed to Baylor part.

yup. cheating occurs at EVERY top program, even SU, so let's remember to not take the moral high ground on this

It's one thing to bend the rules a bit. But what Drew was doing is pretty excessive and unfair to their competitors.

This is not an unforgivable act by any means, but isn't something that should just be swept under the rug either.

Indiana had a rough time after they were nailed doing the same thing. I'm not sure Baylor is a program that can recover if they receive the same penalties.

If Noel chooses UK or Gtown, most on this board will claim he was paid. How many will claim the same if he chooses SU?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...or-bears-teams-facing-possible-ncaa-sanctions

If anyone is surprised by this than i dont know where you have been

In some respects I think part of this is the NCAA trying to retain old contact rules and concepts that were born in a different era. Today contact is so instant and so easy with cell phones, text messaging and the various forms of social media, that I am not sure it makes a lot of sense to retain these sorts of rules.

Is the playing field somehow leveled by having no contact periods? I think it is to a degree by having face to face contact limitations, but not sure about the electronic communications.

If Noel chooses UK or Gtown, most on this board will claim he was paid. How many will claim the same if he chooses SU?

It is basically impossible to be an elite, or even the tier below elite, college program in football or basketball and not be dirty to some degree. Every program bends the rules or flat out breaks the rules at one point or another. To be honest if Syracuse happens to pay recruits to come, I really wouldn't care at all. I may catch some heat for that statement but it is what it is. If you want to run a crystal clear squeaky clean program, then you better be willing to put up with consistently finishing below .500.

It is basically impossible to be an elite, or even the tier below elite, college program in football or basketball and not be dirty to some degree. Every program bends the rules or flat out breaks the rules at one point or another. To be honest if Syracuse happens to pay recruits to come, I really wouldn't care at all. I may catch some heat for that statement but it is what it is. If you want to run a crystal clear squeaky clean program, then you better be willing to put up with consistently finishing below .500.
Agree 100%

In some respects I think part of this is the NCAA trying to retain old contact rules and concepts that were born in a different era. Today contact is so instant and so easy with cell phones, text messaging and the various forms of social media, that I am not sure it makes a lot of sense to retain these sorts of rules.

Is the playing field somehow leveled by having no contact periods? I think it is to a degree by having face to face contact limitations, but not sure about the electronic communications.

Some of the contact limitations are also in place to help the recruits. There have been stories of recruits receiving incredibly large amounts of text messages, which quite frankly they couldn't afford. The recruits would, as a result from coaches recruiting them so hard and sending text after text, go way over their cell phone plan's text message limit and be stuck with a huge bill.

Some of the contact limitations are also in place to help the recruits. There have been stories of recruits receiving incredibly large amounts of text messages, which quite frankly they couldn't afford. The recruits would, as a result from coaches recruiting them so hard and sending text after text, go way over their cell phone plan's text message limit and be stuck with a huge bill.
HAHA. coaches are d*cks

When a program with not much basketball tradition and/or recent success starts reeling in top ten recruiting classes it tends to raise some eyebrows.

Providence?

I have a friend who is a Terps fan, and to this day he believe Melo was paid to go to SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom