BC Schedules Home and Home with Bama | Syracusefan.com

BC Schedules Home and Home with Bama

Won’t be there in ten years. That’s why the probably scheduled. Does seem like Alabama likes to play oc games in other teams stadiums.

Won’t be there in ten years. That’s why the probably scheduled. Does seem like Alabama likes to play oc games in other teams stadiums.
Future Alabama P5 opponents:

2021 Miami (Neutral site)
2022 @Texas
2023 Texas
2024 @Wisconsin
2025 @Florida St, Wisconsin
2026 @WVU, Florida St
2027 WVU, @Ohio State
2028 Ohio State, @Oklahoma St
2029 @Notre Dame, Oklahoma St
2030 @Georgia Tech, Notre Dame
2031 Georgia Tech
2032 Arizona, @Oklahoma
2033 @Arizona, Oklahoma
2034 @Virginia Tech
2035 Virginia Tech

Note that in every home and home deal Alabama plays the away game first.

2022 @Texas
2023 Texas
2024 @Wisconsin
2026 @WVU, Florida St
2027 WVU, @Ohio State
2031 Georgia Tech
2032 Arizona, @Oklahoma
2033 @Arizona, Oklahoma
2034 @Virginia Tech
2035 Virginia Tech

Except Arizona.

2022 @Texas
2023 Texas
2024 @Wisconsin
2026 @WVU, Florida St
2027 WVU, @Ohio State
2031 Georgia Tech
2032 Arizona, @Oklahoma
2033 @Arizona, Oklahoma
2034 @Virginia Tech
2035 Virginia Tech

Interesting...must be smart opposing ADs trying to ensure a visit.

During Flutie's years they played Alabama at Sullivan Stadium so i'm curious if BC is actually playing this at Alumni? Would make sense that Bama would try and push this to Gillette if possible. Not sure if that was why it isn't a 2 for 1.

images

2022 @Texas
2023 Texas
2024 @Wisconsin
2026 @WVU, Florida St
2027 WVU, @Ohio State
2031 Georgia Tech
2032 Arizona, @Oklahoma
2033 @Arizona, Oklahoma
2034 @Virginia Tech
2035 Virginia Tech

Damn, some of them would be so much fun to attend. Austin next year, Camp Randall in a few. The Ohio State home & home.

Say what you want about Saban, not only does he play in the toughest division of the toughest conference, he's always been fearless about non conference games.

Wonder if Alabama fans will do to South Bend what Georgia and Nebraska fans did. i.e. take it over.

They had a home and home w/USC a few years back. They actually beat USC at home.
We had one too. Played the home game NJ (MetLife) and lost.

Smart OOC scheduling by Bama. If Bama losses a game or two in the SEC, they can go with their strength of schedule using the SEC and one other name opponent to get them into consideration for a spot in the playoffs.

There has been talk of going to a 12 team playoff in the near future so a teams' number of quality wins will be very important.

During Flutie's years they played Alabama at Sullivan Stadium so i'm curious if BC is actually playing this at Alumni? Would make sense that Bama would try and push this to Gillette if possible. Not sure if that was why it isn't a 2 for 1.

College football isn't popular enough for it to go to GIllette. I could see if they demanded Fenway since playing their is in vogue and ND moved a home game there.

But a 2/3 full Gillette vs a full Conte is a no brainer you play on campus.

BC could be very good this year.

College football isn't popular enough for it to go to GIllette. I could see if they demanded Fenway since playing their is in vogue and ND moved a home game there.

In theory they could be very good THAT year.

Conte is the basketball/hockey arena. The football field is called Alumni Stadium. The two share a pressbox, though.

What if Bama got half the gate at Gillette? Not sure if Bama travels super well on the road. I know Clemson does but does Bama?

That would be a Darryl Gross like deal. I'm just surprised Alabama would agree to a BC game at Alumni. Maybe their boosters want a trip to a nice city and demanded it.

2022 @Texas
2023 Texas
2024 @Wisconsin
2026 @WVU, Florida St
2027 WVU, @Ohio State
2031 Georgia Tech
2032 Arizona, @Oklahoma
2033 @Arizona, Oklahoma
2034 @Virginia Tech
2035 Virginia Tech

Watch how many of the opposing teams home games turn into neutral sites.

I was at the BC/Alabama game at Foxboro in 1983. Most bizarre football weather day ever. Snow, sleet, heavy rain, high winds; you name it. The power went out very early in the game. Late November. The game continued despite no power. No TV time outs, shortened halftime so the game could be played before dark set in. I think the game was played in like two hours. Power never came back on during the game. You couldn't sit as the stands were like a waterfall. Truly bizarre. Btw, Doug Fluttie and BC beat Bama that day.

What if Bama got half the gate at Gillette? Not sure if Bama travels super well on the road. I know Clemson does but does Bama?

That would be a Darryl Gross like deal. I'm just surprised Alabama would agree to a BC game at Alumni. Maybe their boosters want a trip to a nice city and demanded it.

I think it’s the later especially considering the time of year. It beats Columbus and it’s not risking a loss like scheduling a trip somewhere like Autzen would be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom